CALLING ALL EMPIRE STATESMEN ALUMNI...

What is exciting about the book this year.. is the wide range of emotions and memories that are "brought out" when we play them. The songs bring out Vivid moments from years ago like they just happened yesterday..... I am so glad that My family and I decided to be a part of the 2008 Empire Statesmen... as an Alumni I am proud of, and excited for this years Corps... Come on down and "sit in", even if it is only for a moment and I am sure you will "feel/have" some of those same moments... There are alot of people in this world that would die to have some of the great memories that Mr. B and David have given us......................................................

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bleary- almost teary-eyed after reading through all nine pages. Some fine tales. I double-checked and found I'm still on the alumni list at the www. This pork chop will obediently contact some power-that-be to update my info. I'll try not to pop off a high-C "solo" this time.

How I do miss Mr. B!!!

I realize that some people might take all of my post as BS and an attempt to talk up the Corps, but come to a rehearsal and ask around to all of those who are in the corps this year... Or better yet... ask one of the alumni that have stopped in.. This WILL be a magical year for the Statesmen.... Not because we can compete for a championship.. but because of the fact that at every rehearsal you see the Alumni stroll in and watch the corps practice...

you see them want to be a part of this years corps, even if it is only in a small way.... Love the Statesmen or not .. it is easy to see how this corps has touched a lot of people......

I would just like to add that my time with ES was by far my best years in drum corps, winning was great but what Mr.B gave to me and many others can never be replaced by any trophy. I would like to be part of this 25th celebration and the tought of playing in that horn line one more time as an alumni or any other way would be amazing. But that would be up to David Bruni and Mr. Steele. Prime Time Brass is great and I'm having a ball playing with them, but ES is just someting so special nothing can compare to it.

JohnnyTaTa:

These events are All Hands On Deck ... the group organizing these events fully welcome everyone who ever participated in any way. There is an equal number of Performances and Bashes (Picnics, Cookouts, and the "Ball" in November).

As you might imagine, there's a lot of "I'll do it if that guy does it" going on, and trust me, if I'M doing it, then YOU better be doing it.

We fully expect to see all Prime Time Brass, Hitmen, St. Joe's, Cru, Brigs, Grennies, Blousemen, Half Ton Horns, Thunderbirds, Porkchops, Hall of Famers, and every and any other former States-person worldwide.

There will be a couple practices, a couple parades, and then on the evening of the Rochester show (7/5/08), a Once in a Lifetime Command Performance by the Empire Statesmen 25th Anniversary All Stars.

That includes You, you, and YOU! (Especially you, Cozy Baker).

Edited by OperationTaps

Me too! I'm so excited to meet everyone, and to hear all of your great stories!!! :thumbup:

JohnnyTaTa:

These events are All Hands On Deck ... the group organizing these events fully welcome everyone who ever participated in any way. There is an equal number of Performances and Bashes (Picnics, Cookouts, and the "Ball" in November).

As you might imagine, there's a lot of "I'll do it if that guy does it" going on, and trust me, if I'M doing it, then YOU better be doing it.

We fully expect to see all Prime Time Brass, Hitmen, St. Joe's, Cru, Brigs, Grennies, Blousemen, Half Ton Horns, Thunderbirds, Porkchops, Hall of Famers, and every and any other former States-person worldwide.

There will be a couple practices, a couple parades, and then on the evening of the Rochester show (7/5/08), a Once in a Lifetime Command Performance by the Empire Statesmen 25th Anniversary All Stars.

I think it would be incredible and quite the experience for all alumni who are currently marching in the above mentioned corps to once again (even for 1 day) be a Statesmen. As a spectator, I think it would be quite moving for the fans and past /current Statesmen. It would also be one of those once in a lifetime "Kodak" moments especially being in Rochester.

Keep signing up alumni and give us fans a show to remember!

Does this mean I will have to come home from DCI tour AND not be able to judge in DCA? I hope it is worth all that...LOL

I got some stories for the young lady... can I tell her about current staff members, or would that be out of place? HAHA...

Ask Jimmy about his credit card in RIO. He got a little mad about that one. But it was Kevin's fault all the way. LMAO :tongue:

Donny

Empire 89-96

JohnnyTaTa:

......HET TOM!..........I WILL MAKE SURE COZY GETS TO ROCHESTER.........I WILL DRIVE HIM UP TO THE SHOW.BESIDES I WANNA SEE MY OLD FRIENDS FROM THE PIT....THOSE WERE GREAT TIMES!!!

Does this mean I will have to come home from DCI tour AND not be able to judge in DCA? I hope it is worth all that...LOL

I got some stories for the young lady... can I tell her about current staff members, or would that be out of place? HAHA...

Ask Jimmy about his credit card in RIO. He got a little mad about that one. But it was Kevin's fault all the way. LMAO :tongue:

Donny

Empire 89-96

Kevin always seemed to be in the middle of some of the best international Statesmen capers.

And HairBear: between You and our Pit, the late 80's were the golden age of Hair Spray in Drum Corps.