CALLING ALL EMPIRE STATESMEN ALUMNI...

I was a youngin in Junior corps back during the 83 year................................... 84 I marched with people from the alumni like Tommy, Pauly, I believe I marched with brian also...

Edited by kennadrin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a youngin in Junior corps back during the 83 year................................... 84 I marched with people from the alumni like Tommy, Pauly, I believe I marched with brian also...

Well, if you're not sure if you marched with Brian, then imagine how offended Dave Seeley will be that you didn't even mention him.

I'm hoping all the former Greece Cadets and Northmen who were also Empire Statesmen will participate in the 25th Anniversary Celebration Events. That's a big list.

I was speaking only in terms of the alumni committee in that post.. I remember David also ..... matter of fact I remember the solo/duet you had with him in 84.. BTW I have a judges tape from 84 DCI of that show lol

I remember most of the peeps I marched with from those years

Nothin' beat being instructed by Pepe Nataro!

He used to slap him ample stomach as a living Dr. Beat....you could hear it way across the field!

And my classic Nataro story...

Pepe describing how to rotate a straight line (as we did in "Sing, Sing, Sing" Read in a deep, gravelly voice): "Pretend dere's a met'l rod...and it's goin' t'ru yer skull...stay on da rod, don' fall offa da rod!"

Funny thins is...YEARS later I tell that story -- without mentioning Pepe's name -- so some of the young'uns in SoCal Dream. One of our OLDER members is walking by, hears me do the line, stops and says "Pepe Nataro, right?"

Nothin' beat being instructed by Pepe Nataro!

He used to slap him ample stomach as a living Dr. Beat....you could hear it way across the field!

And my classic Nataro story...

Pepe describing how to rotate a straight line (as we did in "Sing, Sing, Sing" Read in a deep, gravelly voice): "Pretend dere's a met'l rod...and it's goin' t'ru yer skull...stay on da rod, don' fall offa da rod!"

Funny thins is...YEARS later I tell that story -- without mentioning Pepe's name -- so some of the young'uns in SoCal Dream. One of our OLDER members is walking by, hears me do the line, stops and says "Pepe Nataro, right?"

C'mon Sam... you telling me you can't fly into Rochester for the July 4th Weekend? I've never met you, but I can tell you have Porkchop tendencies.

C'mon Sam... you telling me you can't fly into Rochester for the July 4th Weekend? I've never met you, but I can tell you have Porkchop tendencies.

Probably not....remember that I've started my own Sr corps out here...and that's a show weekend.