Predictions for Open Class Finals

Dominick

Forgive us for being skeptics, but ever since 2005 there have been all kinds of report about the Marion Cadets returning to competition and it has never come to fruition.

The 05 corps was actually told a few days prior to moving in for the Summer that they were going inactive, leaving kids & staff to scramble to find a spot in another corps.

Stories of fiscal irresponsibility by management were detailed in prior posts and the likelihood of the corps ever returning appeared slim.

So, although you seem to posess the energy and naivete of youth, I think you may want to take a more realistic stance.

Can you answer the following questions:

1. What has the attendance been like at the Winter camps, especially in the brass section ?

2. Has the corps been through the DCI evaluation process for returning corps ?

3. If so, what was the resut ?

4. What is being done this season that is different than the last 3 that will allow the corps to have enough members to compete?

Should there be positive response to these I am sure there will be a ground swell of support for the corps.

Unless of course, the Marion Cadets intend to use amplification & electronics. In that case, they will be villified for the ruiniation of all that was precious and true about the drum corps activity.

I look forward to your honest response.

Thank you, We hope to do well and supprise other corps this year!!!! We do miss being on the field and I will lead them to my best ability!!! I'm this year Drum Major,and I marched in 2004 in the contra line. :tongue:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominick

Forgive us for being skeptics, but ever since 2005 there have been all kinds of report about the Marion Cadets returning to competition and it has never come to fruition.

The 05 corps was actually told a few days prior to moving in for the Summer that they were going inactive, leaving kids & staff to scramble to find a spot in another corps.

Stories of fiscal irresponsibility by management were detailed in prior posts and the likelihood of the corps ever returning appeared slim.

So, although you seem to posess the energy and naivete of youth, I think you may want to take a more realistic stance.

Can you answer the following questions:

1. What has the attendance been like at the Winter camps, especially in the brass section ?

2. Has the corps been through the DCI evaluation process for returning corps ?

3. If so, what was the resut ?

4. What is being done this season that is different than the last 3 that will allow the corps to have enough members to compete?

Should there be positive response to these I am sure there will be a ground swell of support for the corps.

Unless of course, the Marion Cadets intend to use amplification & electronics. In that case, they will be villified for the ruiniation of all that was precious and true about the drum corps activity.

I look forward to your honest response.

Good questions to ask! Although, from what I understand DCI will be finalizing the corps evaluations at the same time in late April or early May. So, we will all have to wait for the answer to #3.

At the same time you bring up some good points, it is sad that you have to bring up something not even related to the topic. I would much rather see a new corps or a returning corps with amp/electronics then a failed attempt to field at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Lemmegive this a shot...

1st/2nd - a struggle between Teal and Surf IF Teals' drill is better. (IMO, their drum break drill wasn't up to par.)

3rd - Spartans, take a hit due to staff changes

4th-6th - A battle royal between BDB, SCV, and Revolution.

7th -Fever

8th/9th - Raiders and Memphis, R - Program is consistent but everyone just gets better, quicker. M - Memphis, hurt slightly due to staff changes.

10th - Oregon ... May actually top Memphis or Raiders with the group of Seattle kids going their way.

11th - Dutch Boy, get the GE, but it isn't enough

12th - Velvet Knight, overcome Impulse in a last week struggle

This sort of thread at this time of year has nothing to do with knowledge and honest prediction, and everything to do with hyping your own corps, and I refuse to have anything to do with such a tawdry display of self aggrandizement...

HEHE

DUTCH BOY!!!!!!! :thumbup::crazy::worthy::fight::worthy:

alright lemme see

top three

Surf- Amazing program last year, and lots of returning talent and outstanding new members this year. Went to a camp way back in Jan. and the all the sections sounded and looked phenomenal for that early in the year. Staff is also top notch.

Teal- Great entertaining program last year, if they can just clean up this year drill wise they will be set.

Spartans - Returning champs from last year, although due to staff changes and the lack of numbers i do not think they will be as strong this summer.

4th - 6th

SCVC - Loved their program last year, hopefully they will be a little cleaner and they will be in good shape this summer.

BDB - Same as above, these three spots will be tough to predict.

Oregon - Hopefully with the new members they will put on a strong performance

7th - 12th

Memphis

Dutchboy

Revo

Fever

Raiders

VK

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems like you're saying that the OC's success is based on the Cascades. What about the fact that the show is going along great, the program is growing at a rapid pace, or any other factors like that?

As for me, I think Surf is going to win with Teal about .700 behind them. OC has the potential too, and Spartans are also a contender.

Good luck!

well that is a major part of it also, but im thinking that the new more experienced former div 1 members will have a strong impact on their placement this summer.

also i retract my prediction about saying the spartans are going to be third, with all the things i have been hearing about their numbers this year, i do not think they will stand a chance, probably dropping into the 4th - 6th range even the 7th - 12th. OC will probably end up being around 3rd or 4th.

surf and teal are still my top two with surf having the edge because i think they will be really clean this year.

I agree with Spartan117 on this, but I think OC has a shot, as biased as it sounds.

(rumor until officially announced - EE)

Well you guys CAnT scratch Fever (rumor until officially announced - EE)

pownall1.jpg