Predictions for Open Class Finals

I love how people talk about "staff changes" with regards to certain corps. My input on that is simply that, for example, Memphis Sound has had staff changes (mass ones at that) since it its inception and inaugural season in 2003 and has made finals every year except 03 (narrowly missing due to a huge discrepancy/controversy....i.e. rainout in Orlando). Their rankings have generally improved over the years as well. I just thought I would add that. Thanks!

-Proud Alum

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the list on the DCI website of Open Class corps in Michigan City. While I'm sure this could change some, does this change anyones thoughts? With Beatrix and Strangnas, does this mean there could possibly be 19 corps going to Indy?

7th Regiment - New London, CT

Beatrix

Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

Capital Sound - Madison, WI

Citations - Burlington, MA

Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA

Dutch Boy - Kitchener, ON

Fever - Modesto, CA

H.Y.P.E. - Hamilton, ON

Impulse - Buena Park, CA

Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QC

Memphis Sound - Memphis, TN

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

Racine Scouts - Racine, WI

Raiders - Wayne, NJ

Revolution - San Antonio, TX

Spartans - Nashua, NH

Spirit of Newark/New Jersey - Newark, NJ

Spokane Thunder - Spokane, WA

Strangnas - Stangnas, SW

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Velvet Knights - Pasadena, CA

Edited by ItsOnTheField

i'm sure there's less than that now

I don't think there will be any less..... Michigan City was always in the schedule.... so if those corps had already committed there shouldn't be changes...unless they have funding issues.

The only difference is at Finals for visitors and Fans via Bloomington vs Indy

quote name='Gbassman5' date='Apr 23 2008, 04:36 PM' post='2212264']

i'm sure there's less than that now

-All out predictions that will probably not even be close to accurate but will surely stimulate your interest... I will not provide any reasoning. It should be self explanatory.

-I am including the Targets because their own schedule says they will be attending. They also have a show in Dayton on the 3rd so why wouldn't they take part in finals if its two days later?

-I am excluding Beatrix and Stragnas just because only the Lord knows if they will be in Open Class or International Class. If Beatrix were to compete in Open then they would place between 13-11. Stragnas would be in the bottom 25-19.

-The only other DCI recognized Open Class corps not attending championships are Gold, Mystikal, and Blue Devils C who will all be having a shortened tour.

1.Jersey Surf

2.Teal Sound

3.Blue Devils B

4.Vanguard Cadets

5.Fever

6.Citations

7.Oregon Crusaders

8.Dutch Boy

9.Revolution

10.Memphis Sound

11.Impulse

12.Raiders

13.Capital Sound

14.Spartans

15.Velvet Knights

16.Spokane Thunder

17.7th Regiment

18.Colt Cadets

19.Legends

20.H.Y.P.E.

21.Racine Scouts

22.Targets

23.Spirit of Newark

24.Les Stentors

This is the list on the DCI website of Open Class corps in Michigan City. While I'm sure this could change some, does this change anyones thoughts? With Beatrix and Strangnas, does this mean there could possibly be 19 corps going to Indy?

7th Regiment - New London, CT

Beatrix

Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

Capital Sound - Madison, WI

Citations - Burlington, MA

Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA

Dutch Boy - Kitchener, ON

Fever - Modesto, CA

H.Y.P.E. - Hamilton, ON

Impulse - Buena Park, CA

Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QC

Memphis Sound - Memphis, TN

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

Racine Scouts - Racine, WI

Raiders - Wayne, NJ

Revolution - San Antonio, TX

Spartans - Nashua, NH

Spirit of Newark/New Jersey - Newark, NJ

Spokane Thunder - Spokane, WA

Strangnas - Stangnas, SW

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Velvet Knights - Pasadena, CA

Fever is doing a California only tour.

No finals.

Hi SuperSmashBrothers,

About Beatrix, we will be in competition as an International corps into the Open Class. If we want to go through to

semi-femils than we have to be somewhere between 17 and 1. If we succed in that than in semi-finals there will be

17 US open corps and 1 International corps.

Top five, could go in almost any order

1. Jersey Surf - Should have won last year, but what a battle.

2. Spartans - Low entertainment level (IMO) but always solid all around.

3. BDB - Always under rated feeder corps that has made it's own name stick out.

4. SCVC - Ditto.

5. Teal Sound - Visual design has dropped significantly in the last few years, but love the big brass sound.

Middle of the pack

6. OC – Under rated groups often ignored, great talent great new staff.

7. Beatrix - If they compete in open they will open some eyes, lots of fun to watch, probably placed too high, but great group.

8. Revo - Great GE hopefully bigger then last year

9. Raiders - consistent

10. Fever

Bottom of the top end.

11.Cap Sound - Really wish they would have gone to finals last year, their show went from tolerable to great, by far the biggest jump in quality.

12.Impulse - They're due to bounce back

13. Dutch Boy - Over hyped, over rated, great group, I just don't think they have the talent, I've been wrong before.

14. VK - Decent first year, good turn out, if they're numbers and talent don't improve, they won't see finals.

And the rest.

15. Marion Cadets - Usually have a good draw, but with their Ali like return to the ring all will depend on numbers

16. 7th Regiment - Strong teaching corps, could move up into the next group.

17. Colt Cadets - Constant program improvement, always fun to watch, love to see the that the Colts World class corps are always in the stands for them.

18. Mystical - Word is they are also returning, best of luck

19. Targets - Always a fun group to watch, struggles with numbers, but show tenacity even in the face of adversity (their transportation struggles last year)

20. Sprit of Newark - Another small corps that’s usually fun to watch

21. H.Y.P.E. - The Canadian Kids in the cool uniforms with the brass...brass. Show design struggled last year, but they did a nice job over all.

22. Racine Scouts - The group that never dies, fun shows but show design struggles mightily, "cheese" does not sell, as should have been apparent the last 10 years, regularly play music over the head of the talent level. But none the less a DCI mainstay that's forever improving and entertaining.

23. Les Stentors - Another Canadian group that struggles with membership. Used to be a beast in DivIII so one never knows.

24. BDC - never really meant to be a competitive corps, but it doesn’t take anything away

Dude you don't even have MEMPHO IN YOUR TOP 25. I mean i know they had some staff changes and were div. 3 last year but cmon

Dude you don't even have MEMPHO IN YOUR TOP 25. I mean i know they had some staff changes and were div. 3 last year but cmon

Some names get lost in your head when you are posting, don't take a huge offense to it.

Perhaps you should just think of switching Fevers name with Memphis for the poster, since Fever isn't going to finals.

Some names get lost in your head when you are posting, don't take a huge offense to it.

Perhaps you should just think of switching Fevers name with Memphis for the poster, since Fever isn't going to finals.

Or perhaps none of it really matters, since it all falls into the category of pre-season nonsensical meaningless hype.