Miamisburg

Musical_Spinner

:tongue: You guys are all completely crazy with your orders and spreads... but you sure do make for something fun to read. (prfctTimeOfDay) Now that Centerville WAS beat by a 10 point spread, can we put this one to bed? And now that Avon stayed way ahead of CG, can we put that one to bed too? And since M-Burg and CG were so close, can we agree that they are both simply so fabulous that it's almost impossible to discern who is the "better" guard? And lastly, can we put an end to dissing the potential of east coast guards whose numbers still stand above some of the IN OH guards (you go chesire, etc)? Yes, yes.... lots left to the season and much can happen but careful - your overly passionate predictions aren't exactly always coming to fruition. Don't go jinxing your favorites.... :ph34r:

(All said in fun.. I really did get a chuckle out of all of it)

Does this mean you just jinxed Cheshire??!?! :tongue:

Mark My words. . .All 3 from the Dayton regional will top them....as will Shen

Predictions are fun . . .I like getting people a little worked up!! Even if I'm wrong, it's still worth the fun :ph34r:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE IT! They outperformed cgcg today.. .. you could tell Miamisburg wanted it more. With that said, look for these 2 groups to be close and even flip flop positions all year.

yes they definately out performed cg! as cg had a really bad run, i stopped counting after 8 unfortunate boom booms, but design wise i think cg will best miamisburg signifigantly in the end. of the 10 captions between prelims and finals this weekend 7 had cg in first, and even in the bad finals run most had cg up ! but 1 judge had them down 6 tenths. check out the recap and profiling of these two shows. it doest look too good for miamisburg. But they certainly performed their show well in finals and cg did not. I think that will be obvious on replay. and on march 1st i can see them winning by .1 with those two performances. come to think of it i only saw three world class guards that had good runs, warren, burg and avon. and all three units moved up.

but in the end i think the order will be more like prelims, if all perform well.

yes they definately out performed cg! as cg had a really bad run, i stopped counting after 8 unfortunate boom booms, but design wise i think cg will best miamisburg signifigantly in the end. of the 10 captions between prelims and finals this weekend 7 had cg in first, and even in the bad finals run most had cg up ! but 1 judge had them down 6 tenths. check out the recap and profiling of these two shows. it doest look too good for miamisburg. But they certainly performed their show well in finals and cg did not. I think that will be obvious on replay. and on march 1st i can see them winning by .1 with those two performances. come to think of it i only saw three world class guards that had good runs, warren, burg and avon. and all three units moved up.

but in the end i think the order will be more like prelims, if all perform well.

It's also unfortunate that cgcg can't get the crowd into their show. . .they might win in the end, but I think most will not remember this show. It's elegant, nice and designed to score well on the judges sheets, but not so much with the audience. . .I think that will be evident in the replay as well.

Then again, I'm just a fan and didn't have a hand in creating and then hyping my own show, unlike some on here! :tongue:

Alas, I digress. . .best of luck to both groups and all the rest of the season!!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

It's also unfortunate that cgcg can't get the crowd into their show. . .they might win in the end, but I think most will not remember this show. It's elegant, nice and designed to score well on the judges sheets, but not so much with the audience. . .I think that will be evident in the replay as well.

what is evident in replay is that they dropped alot.

i think the crowd will love the show, the soundtrack is so fragile however, that people dont scream over top of it. the ending is so soft and subtle you could hear a pindrop. and in prelims did recieve a standing ovation. not to mention all the intellectuall things in cgs show, it is about something and has many layers. not just a guard show with no concept, at least when cg did 1812 a couple years ago they had a neat concept, and it was still intellectual in nature. I guess i just like that though.

my favorite shows this weekend however were like that, i love the shows that have more to them than, just a guard show, i.e. avon... witches accusations, woven in the show, cg nothing gold can stay, well if you know anything about robert frost, that show has alot of meaning. northview has a great idea, and follows thru with it well. centerville has a really neat idea and they follewed thru as well, i think they are just young this year. carmel loved the on cloud 9 idea with clouds ballons were so cool, they seemed like cherubs in the sky.

I just didnt care to much for warren central and burg, as it seemed like just a guard show to music. and in world class i think you should have more ideas than that . but maybe we just have different taste. and that ok.

lets face it tho, wgi isnt just about getting the crowd on there feet. if it was... every guard would do a minute long easy clean flag feature at the end of their show to bombastic loud music. whoo hoo

How do you know? It's not up yet.

I wasn't there, but it is hard to believe that burg moved .6 better than CG.

Edited by Jak

i think the crowd will love the show, the soundtrack is so fragile however, that people dont scream over top of it. the ending is so soft and subtle you could hear a pindrop. and in prelims did recieve a standing ovation. not to mention all the intellectuall things in cgs show, it is about something and has many layers. not just a guard show with no concept, at least when cg did 1812 a couple years ago they had a neat concept, and it was still intellectual in nature. I guess i just like that though.

my favorite shows this weekend however were like that, i love the shows that have more to them than, just a guard show, i.e. avon... witches accusations, woven in the show, cg nothing gold can stay, well if you know anything about robert frost, that show has alot of meaning. northview has a great idea, and follows thru with it well. centerville has a really neat idea and they follewed thru as well, i think they are just young this year. carmel loved the on cloud 9 idea with clouds ballons were so cool, they seemed like cherubs in the sky.

I just didnt care to much for warren central and burg, as it seemed like just a guard show to music. and in world class i think you should have more ideas than that . but maybe we just have different taste. and that ok.

lets face it tho, wgi isnt just about getting the crowd on there feet. if it was... every guard would do a minute long easy clean flag feature at the end of their show to bombastic loud music. whoo hoo

Interesting. . .you love the shows you had a hand in. Interesting indeed.. . .

and no, cgcg did not get a standing O in prelims. . .but that's neither here nor there.

However, It's fun to post on here under a shroud of anonymity, that is until someone finds out who you are and the guards you work with. . .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Interesting. . .you love the shows you had a hand in. Interesting indeed.. . .

and no, cgcg did not get a standing O in prelims. . .but that's neither here nor there.

However, It's fun to post on here under a shroud of anonymity, that is until someone finds out who you are and the guards you work with. . .

??? i liked all but two world class groups, so i must have designed the rest of them?..................... that sounds right :troll food:

Nice try though i wish i was that fabulous!

if that were true, i would not have near as much time to sit here and bicker with you!

gotta run i have 6 rehearsals to b at tonight...

Edited by thx3838

??? i liked all but two world class groups, so i must have designed the rest of them?.................. that sounds right :tongue: !

Nice try though i wish i was that fabulous!

if that were true, i would not have near as much time to sit here and bicker with you!

gotta run i have 6 rehearsals to be at tonight....

Nice try. . I do like your attempt to deflect with humor, very 'camby'. . . .but you don't have to be at rehearsals when you've already done the design! :tongue:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay