Best Guard Uniform in History?

Great responses so far...

Anybody who feels like posting pictures of examples, fire away.

Same thing with describing the uni's a little. You may know what is conveyed by "1876 Dubuque Pioneers -- the back", for example, but we'll all see it better if you add: "They wore the short pants, the ones with the lace frills at the knee, and a kind of red, polkadotted toque with replicas of Baron Von Meisterson's mustache pinned to the top. Oh yeah, and flour-dusted bakers' aprons instead of shirts."

Ya know?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1980 27th Lancers rifle line, best guard uniform of all time.

Runner up:

1989 Boston Crusaders

1992 Cadets

1993 Cadets

1983 27th Lancers

1992 Phantom Regiment

Best uniform to enhance a show:

1988 Blue Devils

1991 Phantom Regiment

Worst guard uniform ever:

1993 Glassmen

1981 - 1982 Alliance

~G~

Worst guard uniform ever:

1993 Glassmen

1981 - 1982 Alliance

~G~

I would like to thank the Academy, I mean the 1993 Glassmen decision makers for choosing that year to have the most horrendous uniform ever...

Glassmen93Small.jpg

because without their wonderful support, Freelancers 93 would be on everyone's list instead...

Freelancers93FieldGuardCloseUp.jpg

I know it's hard to see from far away so here's a close up shot of warm ups in half uniform...

Freelancers93GuardWarmUpMeEdited.jpg.

I'll admit it sucked wearing them, especially on a pretty much all Southern tour, but the worst part was the first few weeks of tour when all of the guard members who didn't march the year before didn't have the "undersuit" we wore under the uniform. Let's just say you could see... well everything.

In my defense, at least I got to age out in this...

BKBuddies1995JustGirlsEditeder.jpg

Thank you Blue Knights (and the eight billion daily sit ups (almost not an exaggeration)) for letting me age out of guard in style.

I love 93 Glassmen. Everything about it. :doh:

Moving along...

I don't usually get into guard uniforms too much when I'm watching a show. Just not something I watch for. But the Cavies guard for Spin Cycle with the spandex and knee pads and such, yeah, just could have done without it.

It looked much better on Avon H.S. when they wore it!

And yes that Glassmen 93, WTF?

Edited by Cop

most people would probably consider these bad costumes but since Pirates is my favorite movie. Im gonna have to say Magic of Orlando '04

i loved Cadets 1992 / the aviator unis with the googles and hood

also 2006 cadets / with the broad stripes down the leg - and the cheese pieces added for the ballad

BD also has great guard uniforms / dance derby year, 1988, etc...

Honestly i think most other corps pale in comparison to Cadets & BD in their uniform design for guard