DCA is "filling a void" left by DCI's Super Corps Model

Compare this...compare that...compare this.

Basically, we can give you 99 great answers, but all you want is that 1 bad answer to say your right about everything.

You want answers about 2006, go to DCA's website and find out and do some research on your own.

Why the attack?...you all brought this discussion to the DCI forum. I'm just helping shed some light on the topic.

Why do I need to do research? I'm not the one arguing that DCA is filling some mystical void.

Numbers were presented and I accurately gleaned interesting information from them and also asked a few pertinent questions.

If you don't like the heat, my friend...go back to the other forum. No one is forcing you to read this thread.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, btw....the 15% drop as you put it is over 2 years, where as your # is only one. You are forgetting other corps, but hey...feel free to lie about the numbers to show us how right you are about everything.

You are right. But I could compare the same two years if you'd like.

In 2005, there were 24 DCI World Class Corps

In 2007, there were 22 DCI World Class Corps

Net loss of only 8.3%

Wow...the numbers actually get better.

Thanks!

Where is the heat? Your the one fudging the numbers. Forgot about Esperanza, The Magic, and Kiwanis Kavaliers, all who around in 2005 and not 2006.

So no, you aren't shedding light on it, you are willing to do whatever it takes including messing numbers up for your own sake to say your right. You want to compare years and years of data, and one slip and BAM...you win.

DCA fills the void of age, $, time and commitment and can help struggling DCI corps who would like to continue competing but don't want to risk a financial collapse of touring, and I'm sure more.

All your out to do is prove DCA is an inferior product.

No they didn't. Those corps that were added between the years were existing corps that moved up in divisions. Div II/III then lost there membership.

DCA's number is total corps participating, Open Class and Class A.

Where is the heat? Your the one fudging the numbers. Forgot about Esperanza, The Magic, and Kiwanis Kavaliers, all who around in 2005 and not 2006.

So no, you aren't shedding light on it, you are willing to do whatever it takes including messing numbers up for your own sake to say your right. You want to compare years and years of data, and one slip and BAM...you win.

DCA fills the void of age, $, time and commitment and can help struggling DCI corps who would like to continue competing but don't want to risk a financial collapse of touring, and I'm sure more.

All your out to do is prove DCA is an inferior product.

I just counted the numbers...24 in DCI Quarterfinals in 2005...22 in 2007.

Count for yourself. Sound Machine has the score archive.

I'll wait.

DCA has not yet filled any void, my friend. (I like the John McCain talk) Because no DCI corps have joined DCA.

Now is DCA something that post 22 year olds can enjoy. Yes.

Is DCA something for people who don't want to practice tons of hours and be on tour and maybe hold a job during the summer? Yes.

And I ask a couple of simple questions like the number of former DCI members marching...testing the void...and the response I get is 5%. So evidently it's not a voide for DCI folks...which is why I asked for this to be moved to the DCA forum.

And there is ZERO risk of financial collapse because of touring. ZERO.

There's 100% risk of financial collapse due to bad management decisions.

Touring doesn't cause corps to collapse...bad business decisions causes corps to collapse.

Again, Academy did a shorter tour and finished a respectable 13th place in their first season.

They are again doing a shorter tour and skipping at least one if not two regionals...despite from what you may hear from others on this thread. And, they just may sneak into a top 12 spot this season.

So, again, and for 100th time...I don't see a void. Not for DCI current members or corps. Not now...not yet.

People like DCA. Wonderful. Terrific. Great. I am happy for you. I've had a limited taste of it and I wouldn't spend money if that's all I was going to see for an entire evening. I wouldn't order a DVD or pay for a webcast of DCA. It's not my cup of beer.

So, I was given some numbers and I crunched them. If you don't like the answers...work harder to change the numbers.

5%? I don't think in any corps' 1 section is the number that low.

Jerome posted that in 2006, roughly 50% of Bush's hornline was at one point in DCI. Now granted, I will give you the fact that you are only using the numbers that people post, but that is no where remotely close to being accurate. Again, I'm saying it's not your fault, however that number over the whole DCA community I'm willing to bet is probably somewhere in the 25-30% range.

OK.... we should take just this part of Tom's post and turn it into an endorsement for DCA....like movies do when they take snippets of bad reviews and make the reviewers sound like they love the movie.

DCA.

Wonderful. Terrific. Great.

There you have it, folks. Tom Brace LOVES DCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Fran

Or to change the style "DCA is Wonderful, Terrific and Great, it is something that people can enjoy" - Tom Brace, Drumcorpsplanet.com critic.

The 07 TN show is DCA South Championships, which was the FL show in 05, so look for that to continue.

Actually DCAS has decided not to have a "Championships" show for now. There were too few corps at the time that had actually been able to get to other shows. Kind of lame to have a championship where that show had been the only show for some of the corps. It may return once more shows are available to the southern corps.

The Nashville show was a huge success last year and looks to be even better this year. There is a great DC fan base in this area with a number of college music programs and a very active HS band program. There are quite a few kids from this area that either do or have marched in DCI.

If you are in the area on Aug. 2 come on out and check out the show. I think you will be surprised.

And I ask a couple of simple questions like the number of former DCI members marching...testing the void...and the response I get is 5%. So evidently it's not a voide for DCI folks...

Tom, the anecdotal number on DCP might be 5 percent, but the actual number, I am pretty sure (based completely on my experience with DCA and its corps) is higher.... and in the case of several corps, that number is considerably higher.

I think one reason (one reason...I'm sure there are several) that more DCI ageouts have not marched DCA is that DCA is still working to overcome perceptions that DCA corps, basically, are made up of a bunch of party-hearty old-timers. Quite frankly, there was a time when those perceptions were spread by some staff members of some junior corps. I'm pretty sure that practice is not common in this day and age; I sure hope so, since that perception of current-day DCA is simply not accurate.

It's up to DCA's corps and supporters to "spread the word" about the circuit and combat any negative perceptions.

Again, based on my years of being involved with DCA and its corps, I am pretty confident that the vast majority of DCI performers who have marched DCA have had a pretty good experience with life on the DCA side of the drum corps fence. So, for them at least, DCA certainly has "filled a void."

Fran