Predictions for Scholastic World?

Sorry folks, but I cannot stand Carmel's show.... they are talented ladies, sure, but I just hate the show. Pure opinion!! : )

don't apologize,that's what these forums are for,now back up your reasons for your opinions and elaborate just a bit. :ph34r:

i want to see it live for a closer look.

i think their are some beautiully staged effects,touches of humor,lovely choreography and great production values.

what are your thoughts.

thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaboration=Argument.

One time I elaborated and well, the argument exploded........

(No, seriously)

i'm not seeking a maelstrom of turbulence,i happen to enjoy will's posts and value his opinions.

i just thought it rather insufficient to just say that you "hate" a program and that you "can't stand it".i like to give reasons or grounds for such a statement :tongue: ,although this is not a prerequisite.

i know some of our dear posters can be prickly pears and the vitriolic comments can be toxic at times however i assure you this is not my intent.....this time! :tongue:

cheers

Edited by dugg

Haha, lets wait until championships are done before we kick up the community arguing, surely some great guard will be a spot too low.

(I'm betting NEi)

Haha, lets wait until championships are done before we kick up the community arguing, surely some great guard will be a spot too low.

(I'm betting NEi)

deal!

that' just a few weeks away!

i agree per your prediction and shudder to think about the consequences. :tongue:

don't apologize,that's what these forums are for,now back up your reasons for your opinions and elaborate just a bit. :tongue:

i want to see it live for a closer look.

i think their are some beautiully staged effects,touches of humor,lovely choreography and great production values.

what are your thoughts.

thanks

I think you will feel the same when you see it live. It really is a great production. AND they did place above Warren Central and Northview at the Indiana State Finals.

I think the problem with Carmel, at least from what I can see on Replay is that half of the guard spends most of the show playing with pillows and balloons. I all seems a bit gimmicky to me.

Ditto. . it wouldn't surprise me to see them above cheshire. . .and if we are really talking about surprises, let's throw out there that Rancho Bernardo actually may pass their Cali counterpart Arcadia. . .you heard it here first! :tongue:

That would be a problem for Cheshire if the championships were out in San Diego like they were a few years ago. The problem with your scenario is Cheshire has had more exposure to the adjudication community (i.e. regionals attended) and the championships are in Dayton; that favors Cheshire (let's not forget it still is about performing). Plus they have a really nice show. Show concept coupled with talent of performance on weapons will be the factors that will surprise a lot of viewers. Although these Replays that everyone is viewing is nice there is nothing like the guard having a connection with a live audience. Win - Win situation scholastic world preliminaries is going to be fun and exciting this year!

That would be a problem for Cheshire if the championships were out in San Diego like they were a few years ago. The problem with your scenario is Cheshire has had more exposure to the adjudication community (i.e. regionals attended) and the championships are in Dayton; that favors Cheshire (let's not forget it still is about performing). Plus they have a really nice show. Show concept coupled with talent of performance on weapons will be the factors that will surprise a lot of viewers. Although these Replays that everyone is viewing is nice there is nothing like the guard having a connection with a live audience. Win - Win situation scholastic world preliminaries is going to be fun and exciting this year!

The problem though is Cheshire's show has topped out. . .I foresee them getting passed by Shen and a few others. . .don't expect to see them higher than 6th. My guess is they'll be in the 6-10 range. Mark my words on this one! It's a good show and it will connect with the audience, but based on how the sheets are written, they'll be in that 6-10 range. . .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I'm making a new listing (in order):

1. Avon

2. Flanagan

3. Center Grove

4. Shenendehowa

5. Choctawhatchee

6. Miamisburg

7. Cheshire

8. Arcadia

9. Northview

10. Warren Central

11. Diamond Bar

12. Beyer

13. Trumbull

14. Carmel

15. Centerville

Just my thoughts and such..

Interesting... Care to elaborate on your reasoning behind the order?