Sun Devils on the move again

In order to bring All-Age Corps to all of Florida...The Sun Devils will hold their next camp in historic St. Augustine!

The camp will be held at St. Augustine HS, March 8th & 9th. The Sun Devils would like to express our most gracious thanks to Laura Beard, band director, and congratulate the marching band on their finals appearance at FMBC State Championships! :whip:

This past weekend was a huge success for the Sun Devils as we added the front ensemble and guard to the mix. We ensembled the 1st Mvt. Saturday night and Sunday afternoon with the entire music ensemble.

Things are shaping up nicely with 7snares, 3 tenors, 5 bass, 4 cymbals, 5 front ensemble. Looking for 5 more front ensemble.

Horn line is growing again. We picked up several new players, including a couple DCI finalists who can't afford the tour fees again this year, so they are here. We are looking to fill this line out to 30 horns for this year.

Guard is in the middle of competition season, but we would like 15 on the field this year.

We should have our new uniform mock up at this camp, courtesy of Stanbury!

Sun Devils would also like to announce our 1st endorsement deal with Vic Firth!!! Our percussion staff was unanimous in this decision to endorse Vic Firth exclusively!

Everyone is welcome to show up and check us out.

John Hoekstra

Executive Director

Florida Sun Devils

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to bring All-Age Corps to all of Florida...The Sun Devils will hold their next camp in historic St. Augustine!

The camp will be held at St. Augustine HS, March 8th & 9th. The Sun Devils would like to express our most gracious thanks to Laura Beard, band director, and congratulate the marching band on their finals appearance at FMBC State Championships! :whip:

This past weekend was a huge success for the Sun Devils as we added the front ensemble and guard to the mix. We ensembled the 1st Mvt. Saturday night and Sunday afternoon with the entire music ensemble.

Things are shaping up nicely with 7snares, 3 tenors, 5 bass, 4 cymbals, 5 front ensemble. Looking for 5 more front ensemble.

Horn line is growing again. We picked up several new players, including a couple DCI finalists who can't afford the tour fees again this year, so they are here. We are looking to fill this line out to 30 horns for this year.

Guard is in the middle of competition season, but we would like 15 on the field this year.

We should have our new uniform mock up at this camp, courtesy of Stanbury!

Sun Devils would also like to announce our 1st endorsement deal with Vic Firth!!! Our percussion staff was unanimous in this decision to endorse Vic Firth exclusively!

Everyone is welcome to show up and check us out.

John Hoekstra

Executive Director

Florida Sun Devils

I always knew on an intellectul level that this show wouldn't really shine without the pit, but that still didn't prepare me for hearing the whole thing put together for the first time. The buzz after the first run saturday night was awesome. Some of the horns couldn't resist the temptation to plume hype despite not actually wearing head gear or having any audience to see it.

Temptation......

As I have mentioned before...this is a very well written show and I think the DCA community will feel the same way. This isn't a flash in the pan thing, Sun Devils are for real!

As I have mentioned before...this is a very well written show and I think the DCA community will feel the same way. This isn't a flash in the pan thing, Sun Devils are for real!

WOW Keith......from all these reports here on DCP, it looks like great things WILL be coming your way. :whip:

I wish you and your new corps all the best of luck this year. Can't wait to see you guys in Rochester!!!

All my best,

Frank

Thanks Frank! We won't be huge but we will be very respectable for a first year corps.

Temptation......

Chip! You and Kaye need to come march! Patrick and Andrew will have fun playing together :worthy: