Sun Devils on the move again

Sun Devs

I live In Fla....and WANT to adore an all-age corps..but I am NOT feelin da luv. Do U WANT new members or not???...The Poinciana rehearsal posts were NOT inspirational....it looked like a closed "club"

What am I missing here?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I missing here?

You're missing rehearsal!

Serious answer: all but two of the percussion are jr. corps age and don't get on DCP to do the "RAH! RAH!" thing; and the percussion staff is comprised of jr. corps alumni who are treating this endeavor as such.

If you must know, percussion-wise:

:sad:

The batterie is nearing completion:

Snare line has 9 guys for 7 spots with 6 locked in.

Quad line has 4 for 3 spots with 2 locked in.

Basses 1, 2, 4, and 5 are set with three auditioning for drum 3.

3 cymbals are locked in and we're looking for #4.

Pit has 5 locked in:

4 keyboard players ~ all comfortable with 4-mallets.

1 timp

NEEDS: 1 rack and 1 (or 4) keyboard.

We could always use more in the front, but we (save one over-zealous student) aren't going to bother with recruitment until after indoor season ends.

I tend to be of the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" ilk. :music:

Things are just where they need to be.

Next camp is in St. Augustine. rockit.

:tongue:

p.s. rah.

MDempsey is a heck of a good lead sop. I bet he could get the chops back quick.

I have to say ..

I stopped in at the last camp in Kissimmee and It was very welcoming. This is really a great bunch of people and lots of Talent.

Thank you for making me feel welcome. For now I'm stuck working Saturdays But I hope to be able to visit and maybe sit in once in a while.

Seriously Folks.. this is going to be a great organization. please go check them out.. If you have the time you will not regret joining them. With just a few more horns they will be set up for a lot of Success this year.

thanks again guys!

Thanks Anthony!

The guys and girls of the corps are great and we are fun and passionate about corps.

I have to say ..

I stopped in at the last camp in Kissimmee and It was very welcoming. This is really a great bunch of people and lots of Talent.

Thank you for making me feel welcome. For now I'm stuck working Saturdays But I hope to be able to visit and maybe sit in once in a while.

Seriously Folks.. this is going to be a great organization. please go check them out.. If you have the time you will not regret joining them. With just a few more horns they will be set up for a lot of Success this year.

thanks again guys!

I tried to catch the rehearsal at poinciana bcause i know Doug B. from my high school days and john H from my days at teal. But, as luck would have it the Man(work) holds ya down. showed up at like 8:15 P.m on sat but you guys were already done.

Chad.

I have called and left messages for ya dude. Come to St. Augustine HS. We are trying to fill this hornline out to 30. But if everyone keeps waiting, it'll be too late. Going to start writing drill soon.

Be a part of history. CHARTER MEMBER only counts this year!!!Something special from Florida!

Let's do this. Sun Devils Drum and Bugle Corps! We are the ONLY competitive all-age corps in the ENTIRE state of Florida. That's right. THE ONLY ONE! Plus, we have super low dues!

I met some people on the fence at a guard show today. The time is now. Sure, you can join next year, but you won't be a charter member. You will miss out on hundreds of 'firsts'. There is something special about living history. We can always use more folks in each and every section of the corps. I am noticing that more and more folks are piping on the Sun Devils threads. You live in Florida. Come to a rehearsal and see. Don't let something like a little bit of inclement weather be a hinderance. After all, this is DRUM CORPS.

GO SUN DEVILS :tongue:

I can't believe a CRU brother did not read the post properly! Sun Devils are the ONLY competitive All Age Corps in Florida.

I can't say anything about the other corps but I can say that Sun Devils are for real, the drum line is smoking and the horn line is growing. I have learned that in Florida, no one seems to commit until it's closer to summer. Problem being here is that if people think that this is like a former FL DCA corps...they are wrong! Waiting till June or July is toooooo late! Can't be successful if you wait to add people at the last minute.

What about Genisis?