Broadway musicals

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the only one but... I still think SCV's "Miss Saigon" is one of my favorites of all time. Not just for the helicopters. :tongue:

You know I have to agree.

But in an interesting aside...

After I read about electronics being approved, I immediately thought of the Miss Saigon helicopters.

The Vanguard created one of the most amazing auditory and visual moments in history, going to great pains to recreate the sounds of the chopper coming in. Chilling.

Starting in 2009, all one would need to do to is push a button.

That makes me a sad panda...

Boy I sure loved City OF ANgels , pntom of the Opera, JCSS, Miss Saigon, Fiddler, WSS. Musicals are great

and I don't think it would hurt for someone to bring them back. And there are soooo many great ones

that haven;t been done before.

I think Madison Scouts did "City of Angels" in 1992. I might be wrong though.

The Vanguard created one of the most amazing auditory and visual moments in history, going to great pains to recreate the sounds of the chopper coming in. Chilling.

I always feel a need to point this out, sorry. But SCV didn't really create that sound effect. They stole it from Beyer High School (from Modesto, and directed by Dr. Gilroy at the time) who did it with their Miss Saigon show in 1990. SCV improved the original Beyer version of the visual, though.

Actually, I've been thinking about it (it was a long time ago), but I think Beyer actually used a synthesizer for the sound effect, so my bad. Sorry for hijacking.

I think Madison Scouts did "City of Angels" in 1992. I might be wrong though.

You are correct. Scouts also did it in 1991. Dutch Boy did it in 1992 also. I'm not sure if anyone else has done it since.

Chess or Sweeney Todd. Phantom Regiment?????? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

I've said this many times before, but here goes again...

Someone, PLEASE play "The Will Rogers Follies"

The opener just SCREAMS to be done on the field, and there are so many jazzy production numbers to choose from.

also, the number "Hooray for our Favorite Son" would be great incorporating the original Tommy Tune choreography with the "tambourine" hats.

Sound-wize, I have always thought Scouts would do a good job with this, but I just can't see their guard wearing the "Zigfield Follies" constumes :tongue: At one time I thougth Cadets could do it justice, but it's probably just not groundbreaking enough for them to even consider it. Maybe Troopers could tackle it.

Check it out if you've never heard it.