I gots an idea!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I almost put a disclaimer on my beer offer. :-) No argument here. But our chicks are hotter down here.

Only because the weather is warmer. It's hard to look sexy in a snowmobile suit, toque and mukluks.

Some still manage it though...

Edited by kusankusho

You'll have to forgive me for making such an obvious troll post and then not being around to talk about it...but there is a certain point to be made in this thread.

Eventually, I think, we can continue this tug-of-war over the activity and accept that half of us (and I think most know by now which half) are probably going to end up in the mud over the "great instrumentation debate" in drum corps, or we can start throwing out ideas about compromise.

So, yeah, the usual guys got in a good shot saying I am teh epic fail or whathaveyou...but I was curious--since so many people put so much emphasis on the acoustic nature of drum corps being important to them (at least with the passage of A&E), whether or not there was common ground to be found...or whether this was simply another mechanism for the whole 'raaawr I'm getting too old and it's not enough like it was when I marched raaawr' emotion that is splattered all over DCP these days. In terms of having the ability to promote and further the activity, I feel that universal (or alternatively, acoustic) instrumentation is the single best rule change we could make, including both amplification and electronics, so I wondered if there wasn't a curveball to be pitched.

I guess I'll just go back to working to win that tug-o-war, though.

wow, you really don't get it do you?

no wonder you are so quick to trash it

it has nothing to do with how things were when I marched and nothing that has been done recently has really helped further the activity whatever that means – but thanks for taking the time to be so dismissive, condescending and rude, drum corps taught you well Iguess, if being a total whatever...

but thanks for taking the time to be so dismissive, condescending and rude, drum corps taught you well I guess, if being a total whatever...

Oh the hypocrisy......

I could point it all out, but your words do just fine.

I'll trade you amps and electronics for woodwinds, strings, and non-bell front brass.

Then we can have acoustic drum corps again, seeing as that's important.

How's that sound?

Not good at all. No sale.

Fran

FAIL. :tongue:

Edited by DorianBlues

Molson anyone?