Open Class Sizes

Well, my predictions based on usual trend are slightly off this year it seems. Glad to hear BDB and OC are going to have big corps. Considering the quality of the programs from year to year those teams have, I hope they manage to pull another year of it!

With 5 corps over the 100 mark though, the average still wont be three digits. I'm not trying to be negative at all. It is great that there actually does seem to be a slight surge going into open class this year with membership. That warms up the heart a little haha.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colt cadets are over 90 two camps in, and some vets will that haven't been there are not being counted.

my sources tell me Revo will have 100+ for thier first time.

Check out Revo's Myspace for new music from 08 show.

http://www.myspace.com/revolutiondbc

I saw this on Revo's website:

March camp is FREE!

For all current contracted members the March camp could be a free camp for you to attend. Just bring 2 prospective brass members and you will receive a $40 discount, making your camp fee $0. Any prospective member who comes to the March camp will have only a $40 camp fee and we will waive the $75 registration fee until you are contracted. Get to the March camp...it’s going to be the best one yet!

Which I think is a pretty cool idea. That's one way to try to fill out your horn line. :tongue:

They've always had one of the biggest hornlines in D III, no reason to not fill it up if you can afford the bus and everything else.

Edited by WWonka

Yeah, this camp is gonna rock!

While we have hit our target numbers for a slightly larger Percussion Section (Incuding a cymbal line!). We could still use Brass players.

We have a need for baritones! Which is wierd because we usally are searching for tubas and this year we about have our target! The Hornline book is really great (Nice job Eric Senzig) and the contracted members we now have are strong.

The corps ensembled the opener back at the Feb camp and it ROCKS!

While we contracted more than half (16) of our guard back in Nov/Dec! We are not yet full and will have our Final Guard Audtions in April after WGI. The buzz about the guard is high at the brass/guard recruitment tables at the local colorguard contest!

So if you are a brass player and want to spend the summer pushing yourself harder, and faster than ever before come join the Revolution in 2008!

Tis a gift!

i've heard a Fever report of 40ish horns, 7 snares, 4 tenors, 5 basses, a good sized pit (no exact numbers, but bigger than last year), and a couple drum majors

and a partiage in a pear tree lol

Numbers won't matter too much. Mandarins proved that time and again. Blue Stars in their Div. 2/3 days as well. Spartans have never gone to finals with the biggest corps either. Last year we were the 3rd smallest corps in Div. 2. Other examples of good things in small packages:

Teal Sound 05'

Academie Musicale any year

San Diego Alliance (6ish horns that played better than the 20 I marched with in 02 heh)

Marion Glory Cadets

ECJ

LVK

Patriots circa late nineties to 2001

Yamato

There have been tons of small, impressively talented, and clean ensembles in D. 2/3 for years. Decades. People just need to have a listen sometime.

i've heard a Fever report of 40ish horns, 7 snares, 4 tenors, 5 basses, a good sized pit (no exact numbers, but bigger than last year), and a couple drum majors

and a partiage in a pear tree lol

Is Richard marching?

Because I heard they had 3 tenors without Richard.

I remember watching Yamato 04 for the first time, and being totally stunned by how great the hornline sounded, despite the crappy audio quality.

05 was the same story.

I can't wait for them to be back on the road again this year.

~>conner

Numbers won't matter too much. Mandarins proved that time and again. Blue Stars in their Div. 2/3 days as well. Spartans have never gone to finals with the biggest corps either. Last year we were the 3rd smallest corps in Div. 2. Other examples of good things in small packages:

There have been tons of small, impressively talented, and clean ensembles in D. 2/3 for years. Decades. People just need to have a listen sometime.

i think we did a pretty good job of proving that last year too. our hornline only had 25 people