Open Class Sizes

ECJ was smaller than a lot of corps they were beating in 2004-2006. Fever and Memphis Sound both beat corps larger than theirs' last year. 'Best' and 'smaller' are relative terms though.

EDIT: I will agree, though, that corps under 100 will have a tough time hanging with the fabulous Jersey Surf this year.

Took the words out of my mouth. Spartans and ECJ have never been BIG lways around 100. ECJ actually never field over 100 I think 06 was one of the begger corps with 90ish.

And if you want smaller, Blue Stars were quite the small corps with power.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teal Sound = Big and good. Teal marching 64 horns is awesome. When I marched (one million years ago) the standard hornlines were no bigger than 64. that's amazing to me. Anyway, I believe they will be both big and good.

D

Edited by ruag8tr2

Teal Sound = Big and good. Teal marching 64 horns is awesome. When I marched (one million years ago) the standard hornlines were no bigger than 64. that's amazing to me. Anyway, I believe they will be both big and good.

D

Yeah man, Teal's hornline has got the guns for an amazing season. From whatI've heard from their line so far, their contras are beasts and the line as a whole sounds terrific. Looking forward to a great season.

Turquoise Noise, right now is at 144.

70 brass, but only putting 64 on the field.....

Dude......this weekend was insane!!!!!!! Watch out..... :angry:

Ya...putting Division II & III into one class was a good move :thumbdown:

Remember when a 45-60 member corps had a chance of winning something?

Ya...putting Division II & III into one class was a good move :thumbdown:

Remember when a 45-60 member corps had a chance of winning something?

If you are good enough, you can. Size is only one factor, that really seems to be used mostly as an excuse. *shrug*

If you are good enough, you can. Size is only one factor, that really seems to be used mostly as an excuse. *shrug*

Talent can only take you so far. In 1998 my corps had 30 members, and we finished 4th in Division III. We were small but talented.

There's no way we could compete against a corp 5 times our size.