I was on DCI.org and saw a camp brief from Academy. Since it is inproper to release detailed information on Corps programs, here is the link to read for yourself and give you an insight on 2008.

http://www.arizonaacademy.org/nm/publish/news_353.php

Could be interesting!

if its the vienna nights i'm thinking of (by philip wilby), i think i may have found the show i am anticipating most :tongue::tongue:

Quote from article:

"The brass section got closer to its 72 members with the addition of 2 new members that came to audition for the first time. Two trumpet positions and one mellophone position still remain to be filled and guard auditions continue through May while the winter season comes to a close."

I have no dog in the Academy hunt, but from what I've heard about the organization, and what they've done on the field the last two years, if you're looking for a place to land that is a hot organization looking to move up, this is on the short list.

From what I understand reading in another thread on DCP and elsewhere, the buzz is they may be good enough to vie for finals their first year in OPEN Class. What a story that would be. Also, from the pictures about their third camp they appear to be rehearsing 6 people marching cymbals. Hmmm.

Edited by Perry S

i doubt they're moving to open class... academy is a world class corps.... they were div 2 since 2004, won finals the first year they attended in 2006, and in 2007 went div 1, or now world class, and placed 13th their first season in div 1

so, not quite sure what you're saying there....

From what I understand reading in another thread on DCP and elsewhere, the buzz is they may be good enough to vie for finals their first year in WORLD Class. What a story that would be. Also, from the pictures about their third camp they appear to be rehearsing 6 people marching cymbals. Hmmm.

I meant World Class LOL LONG DAY. Corrected version

Edited by Perry S