California guards... anyone have any info or thoughts?

Will

HAHA! I have to agree here, the design is such a disappointment this season. I think Arcadia may have trouble breaking the top 5. :worthy: But on the positive, maybe the face paint will mask the terror they always seem to have in their faces when they toss. :thumbup:

Whoaaaa there. Ever stop to think that there are kids from Arcadia that may be reading this? Don't think they'd appreciate knowing their hard work was being regarded so poorly. Seems like they got enough of that after their medaling last year.

As per their performance, however, as much as this isn't like the Arcadia we've come to expect, it seems like it was a predictable change. They probably figured they needed some change of pace... Makes sense. I do think, though, that the performers do a great job at keeping the feel of their show convincable throughout the entirity of their program. Got to give them props for that. :worthy:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoaaaa there. Ever stop to think that there are kids from Arcadia that may be reading this? Don't think they'd appreciate knowing their hard work was being regarded so poorly. Seems like they got enough of that after their medaling last year.

As per their performance, however, as much as this isn't like the Arcadia we've come to expect, it seems like it was a predictable change. They probably figured they needed some change of pace... Makes sense. I do think, though, that the performers do a great job at keeping the feel of their show convincable throughout the entirity of their program. Got to give them props for that. :worthy:

Yes, I’ve taken that into consideration and realize that this year’s bromidic design is no fault of the performers. However, perhaps reading that they look terrified anytime a piece of equipment leaves their hands will serve as motivation to become more confident in their tossing abilities, because trust me.. it’s not been there in years past. :thumbup:

I do give them snaps for trying out a new style. . . but that's not really this issue with their show this year.

We actually did that very same trick in Sonnor waaaaay back in 1988. It was the scariest thing I've ever done.

Well, crud. I just got my latest WGI "On Demand" video today and was all set to watch this show, but there's a problem with the DVD. It sticks shortly after Sonnor's performance begins, and then won't advance beyond that point. Guess I'm going to have to get them to send me a replacement!

Edited by byline

Logan should go to championships, they would definitely win with the show that is on that site that has videos.

I dunno if the movement is all that great, but the weapons are good like always.

Logan should go to championships, they would definitely win with the show that is on that site that has videos.

I dunno if the movement is all that great, but the weapons are good like always.

I thought you didn't like plié catches. They seemed to have a lot. ;)

I really like this show, but I think the rifle work could have been less choppy. It looked very "Warriors of Qin" -- I pictured something a little more fluid and graceful when I heard the music.

As for WGI, I don't know if they would have walked away with the gold, but they would have been -- as they were every year-- a forced to be reckoned with.

I thought you didn't like plié catches. They seemed to have a lot. ;)

I really like this show, but I think the rifle work could have been less choppy. It looked very "Warriors of Qin" -- I pictured something a little more fluid and graceful when I heard the music.

As for WGI, I don't know if they would have walked away with the gold, but they would have been -- as they were every year-- a forced to be reckoned with.

I don't hence the movement note. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Sometimes half the guard would catch plie and the other half wouldn't

so I dunno what's up with that.

I was actually a bit dissappointed with James Logans show... not at all something I would have given the gold medal too. A medal, perhaps, but not the gold. I think Avon has much more interest and connection this year.

look at you,always stirring the pot! :ninja:

Edited by dugg