Of these corps that have been close

All of these corps have broken into the top 6 in the last decade. Which one would you most like to see in the top 3 in the next couple of years?

I have left off Spirit, Blue Stars, and Troopers because all of them have made it into the top 3 in the 70's. This is strictly for corps that have made top 6, but never quite reached that top 3 level.

My order would be Bluecoats next year, Blue Knights the following year, and Carolina Crown the next year.

If I were to guess which one would be the next, I would have to guess either Bluecoats or Crown. I think both corps were easily fighting for 4th place this year. Both were within a point of being in 4th place.

This was supposed to have been a poll, with choices Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Blue Knights, Boston Crusaders, Crossmen, and Glassmen.

Boston

Crown

Crossmen

Bluecoats

Glassmen

BK

Boston 00/03 rank among my top shows of all time

Edited by Huntington Mallets

y dont you close this and make a poll.

I wouldn't mind seeing these corps earn a spot up there (as long as they don't pass PR :thumbup: ), in this order:

Glassmen

Carolina Crown

Crossmen

Boston Crusaders

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Edited by raphael18

my .02 in the bold predictions thread was that crown gets a medal this year.

Which one would you most like to see in the top 3 in the next couple of years?
That's like asking "What's your favorite coprs that has made top 6 but not top 3?" Fun stuff, but then...
If I were to guess which one would be the next
That's an entirely different proposition. What would your guess be based on? Your "feelings?" Why are you guessing at all? There are 36 yrs of history to consider.

OK, so you think Bluecoats and Crown are more likely. Why? Cuz they're close in 2007? Not long ago, both Bluecoats and Crown were not even in the top 12 (1999 and 2002 respectively). What makes you think that can't happen again? Have they built up enough inertia in your mind? If so, how much, and on what is it based?

Have you noticed that this thread hasn't picked up any steam? That's cuz everyone knows the odds-on favorite for 2008 DCI Champion is going to be one of BD, Cavies or Cadets, with honorable mention to SCV or Phantom. Doesn't leave much room in the top 3, does it? Just think how good Crown or Bloo will have to be (which is likely, BTW), AND how "off" 3 of those 5 will have to be (unlikely). For if Bloo and Crown are merely "just as good," Competitve Inertia dictates that they not be rewarded.

What we need is a sports-style handicapping mechanism, where someone actually keeps track of every person in an ogranization, from the top all the way down to the newest marching member. I'd love to see the odds for each corps. There's gambling money to be made here somewhere, since drum corps fans are even less-rational than sports fans. There are D&BC fans who think Troopers have a legitimate shot at winning DCI this year. Hate to break it to you, but I don't care if Troop had the 150 most talented, mature, atheletic members in the UNIVERSE, THEY WOULD NOT WIN in 2008!

Even if a brand new corps came out in 2008 with the most-talented everything (Admin/Staff/Members), with all operational advantages, IT WOULD NOT WIN. (For many reasons, CI being most important. But also there's no room on the sheets, since the judging community already thinks they've seen perfection...think about that for a second. I'll post an entirely new thread concerning that issue in the near future. The best this new corps could expect is a tie, I supposed.)

The unknown is scary.

The known is safer.

Human nature.