Renegades announce MAJOR changes for 2008 season!

MAJOR CHANGES AFOOT FOR THE RENEGADES

San Francisco, CA - April 1, 2008 - The San Francisco Renegades (NYSE: SFR) announced today that they have entered into an historic merger with the Blue Devils C Corps.

At the DCA World Championships, the members of BDC will be used to replace members of the Renegades mid-performance. This first-of-its-kind "second stringer" idea came to pass when one Renegades member was unable to finish a runthrough, asking his son to take his place. The idea was such a hit that the Renegades staff decided to go even younger.

"Why not get members who are as young as possible? They have all kinds of energy. Plus, we would score all kids of Cute Points!," corps director Greg Gilman was quoted as saying.

The biggest obstacle has been scheduling rehearsals. because many members of BDC have to be in bed early (and because of California's child labor laws), rehearsals have been moved to 7:30 a.m.

When reached for comment, Renegades President Anne Bragstad mumbled something about frogs being crunchy and then proceeded on to a ten minute diatribe about whether or not Eddie is, in fact, a rat.

ABOUT THE RENEGADES: The Renegades are 7 people and a ham sandwich.

I am personally very proud of the new direction the Renegades have taken. Not only will the corps finally get to use all those kid-sized black jackets we've had in storage, it also means we've suddenly cut the average age of the corps in half!

btw... Does anyone know where to get about 77 kid-sized pairs of black sunglasses?

See you trading your adult beverage for a happy meal,

- Greg

See you trading your adult beverage for a happy meal

Waaaiiiiit a minute - I did not sign up for a happy meal.

But if this means I can get a ringer and move back to the baritone line for part of the show, then I'll try to adjust my attitude.

Heh! This has actually been in the works for years. We started Olivia out as a Renegade at four months, earning her the nickname "Rene-Baby". Photographic evidence...

GarryandOlivia.jpg

St. Patty's 2005 w/ the honor guard

MomeesaandOlivia.jpg

Pre-parade w/ MoMeesa

TheParkerFamily.jpg

Chinese New Year 2006

Sara- Have a Happy Meal AND an adult beverage! :tongue:

We'll FINALLY be able to beat St. Mary's Drum & Bell Corps at the Chinese New Year Parade!!!

Is it true they skipped CNY this year because they feared Lionel Richie?

Garry in Vegas

Genius! Does this mean you'll find a way to work the "Hand Jive" into the show? It will set Rachacha on fire!

I love April 1st