Dark Horses? All Classes?

You're right, they don't publish them or endorse them but they need to use some sort of system to get groups slotted for prelims. It's the same principle that guardbuzz uses but there's only 1.5 points per week projected after the latest regional score instead of the 2 points guardbuzz uses. Using that methodology, IO lines up as follows:

WGI Rank Unit Name

1 Alter Ego

2 Diamante

3 Ventures

4 Top Hats

5 Black Gold

6 Ars Nova

7 The Academy

8 The Cast

9 Juxtaposition/First Flight

11 Univ of Alabama/Etude

13 Rhapsody Independent

14 USF Winterguard

15 The Pride of Missouri State

16 Salem Blue/Rhapsody

18 Emanon

19 The Pride of the Netherlands

20 Independence

21 Lealta

22 Corona Light

23 Americas Independent

24 Sonnor

25 Act 1/Sitao

27 Ancora/Blue Devils

29 Lulabel

30 Eklipse

31 The Phoenix

32 Thurrock Academy

33 Fever

34 Identity

35 Catalyst

36 Intensity

37 Velocity

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, they don't publish them or endorse them but they need to use some sort of system to get groups slotted for prelims. It's the same principle that guardbuzz uses but there's only 1.5 points per week projected after the latest regional score instead of the 2 points guardbuzz uses. Using that methodology, IO lines up as follows:

WGI Rank Unit Name

1 Alter Ego

2 Diamante

3 Ventures

4 Top Hats

5 Black Gold

6 Ars Nova

7 The Academy

8 The Cast

9 Juxtaposition/First Flight

11 Univ of Alabama/Etude

13 Rhapsody Independent

14 USF Winterguard

15 The Pride of Missouri State

16 Salem Blue/Rhapsody

18 Emanon

19 The Pride of the Netherlands

20 Independence

21 Lealta

22 Corona Light

23 Americas Independent

24 Sonnor

25 Act 1/Sitao

27 Ancora/Blue Devils

29 Lulabel

30 Eklipse

31 The Phoenix

32 Thurrock Academy

33 Fever

34 Identity

35 Catalyst

36 Intensity

37 Velocity

Thanks, very informative!

Any idea why they only went to 1 regional?

I have no idea. I have asked around and no one seems to have a reason. Despite the fact that they only had the one regional, they continue to grow and do very well locally. I still think they surprise a lot of folks in Dayton.

I had wondered why they weren't at the South Brunswick Regional, but being from the same area we get hit with school musical season around this time of year. Seems as though (at my HS at least) that many of the same kids in the music program (band/guard/etc.) do the musical as well. I just figured it was something like that because it made no sense for money to be a reason that they didn't go to SB.

I had wondered why they weren't at the South Brunswick Regional, but being from the same area we get hit with school musical season around this time of year. Seems as though (at my HS at least) that many of the same kids in the music program (band/guard/etc.) do the musical as well. I just figured it was something like that because it made no sense for money to be a reason that they didn't go to SB.

Plays could very well be the reason and that's what I thought as well. But when you ask those very close to the source, the best answer I could get was "we just didn't sign up"... But I am sure there is some logical explanation since as you pointed out, from a logistics point of view, it just made sense they would have been there.

:guinesssmilie: