New Stadiums...

I'd love to go to a show in the new cowboys stadium. I believe it's gonna be the new home for the cotton bowl. Jerry Jones is all about gettin big events in his stadium. Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the nightmare that is the Alamo Dome?

Vain wishing despite my being a local. Alamodome is close to a convention center (TBA)...Cowboys' new digs is not. Now, finals in 2014 on the other hand...

And no worries...Jerry-World is going to be retractable roof like Lucas/Indy...a/c the size of buses and the BIG screen gives a whole new meaning to the term 20/20!!

Oh, and you can't hear the reverb if you sit in the blast zone!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone take a humanties or arts history class in high school or college? Did you learn about architecture from the Middle Ages and Renaissance? You probably learned about churches and cathedrals from that era, right?

600 years from now when people take art history or humanities in school, and they learn about architecture from our time, they'll study sports stadiums.

What's your point?

his point is probably something along the lines of the people of the future looking at a place like Solider Field in Chicago and wondering what the heck we were thinking. some of those are pretty..interesting...

Ahh, okay. I just didn't understand his point and needed some clarification. Thanks a lot man.

his point is probably something along the lines of the people of the future looking at a place like Solider Field in Chicago and wondering what the heck we were thinking. some of those are pretty..interesting...

Yeah... or people of the future will look at our architecture and say "21st Century American life centered around athletics", just like we look at architecture of the past and say "13th century European life centered around the church".

Pretty mundane compared to the other new stadiums being built.

Perhaps, but in California, anything that becomes more elaborate has quite a pricetag (and much more red tape) attached to it. Besides, it's a huge improvement over Candlestick/3com/Monster Park.

I'll take it!

DCI Finals in Arlington, TX wouldn't be such a bad deal. There are plenty of schools in the area with great facilities that would be willing to house the corps, and, if you planned everything properly, you could see a Ranger game, cool down at Hurricane Harbor, and hit up Six Flags Over Texas all in one week.

Acoustics might be interesting, though. There will be a retractable roof, but IIRC, it's going to be modeled to resemble the "hole-in-the-roof" appearance of Texas Stadium.

DCI Finals in Arlington, TX wouldn't be such a bad deal. There are plenty of schools in the area with great facilities that would be willing to house the corps, and, if you planned everything properly, you could see a Ranger game, cool down at Hurricane Harbor, and hit up Six Flags Over Texas all in one week.

Acoustics might be interesting, though. There will be a retractable roof, but IIRC, it's going to be modeled to resemble the "hole-in-the-roof" appearance of Texas Stadium.

But you're forgeting one vital piece of info...

Texas = Sucks

:innocent:

Vain wishing despite my being a local. Alamodome is close to a convention center (TBA)...Cowboys' new digs is not. Now, finals in 2014 on the other hand...

And no worries...Jerry-World is going to be retractable roof like Lucas/Indy...a/c the size of buses and the BIG screen gives a whole new meaning to the term 20/20!!

Oh, and you can't hear the reverb if you sit in the blast zone!

Funny, I thought the Arlington Convention Center was less then 5 minutes away, As Jay mentioned The Ballpark is just a stones throw away. and when 2014 hits the Glorypark complex that Tom Hicks is building around The Ballpark will be finished and up and running.

:innocent: