New Stadiums...

Check out these new up-and-coming stadiums (mainly the football stadiums in the U.S.).

Lucas Oil Stadium is featured as well. But check out the other ones coming up. The New Giants stadium, the new stadium for the Cowboys, etc..

I hope there will be drum corps shows in these new stadiums.

Here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-f...o&type=lgnsThe new Super-Stadiums

Just thought I'd share with you guys.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to go to a show in the new cowboys stadium. I believe it's gonna be the new home for the cotton bowl. Jerry Jones is all about gettin big events in his stadium. Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the nightmare that is the Alamo Dome?

But while we're on stadiums....

The new place in Indy....anyone know if the trek to the gate for the corps is gonna be as dangerous as it was for the RCA dome? Man, who doesn't love pushing a 5octave marimba on the side of a highway? Although, I always liked the process for getting in and out of the dome cause of the wind tunnel.

The cowboys stadium would be amazing for Drum Corps.

Main reason because there is going to be a HUGE screen hanging from the roof (like at basketball stadiums), spanning from the 20 yard line to the 20 yard line. Now that's a HUGE screen. It would be good for camera footage during shows and stuff.

I'd love to go to a show in the new cowboys stadium. I believe it's gonna be the new home for the cotton bowl. Jerry Jones is all about gettin big events in his stadium. Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the nightmare that is the Alamo Dome?

But while we're on stadiums....

The new place in Indy....anyone know if the trek to the gate for the corps is gonna be as dangerous as it was for the RCA dome? Man, who doesn't love pushing a 5octave marimba on the side of a highway? Although, I always liked the process for getting in and out of the dome cause of the wind tunnel.

I've been to the Alamodome to see the DCI show twice and thought it was a great venue. Who wants to sit outside in Texas in July for 12 hours? I'm going again this year -can't wait to experience that glorious air conditioning!

The only thing I didn't like about the Alamodome is the hike from the buses to the show. I don't remember that big of an echo.

I hope drum corps comes to the new Giants Stadium.

I've been to the Alamodome to see the DCI show twice and thought it was a great venue. Who wants to sit outside in Texas in July for 12 hours? I'm going again this year -can't wait to experience that glorious air conditioning!

It's even better when you get to rehearse and give a clinic in that air-conditioned dome... :innocent:

I survived boot camp in San Antonio during July. I still have heat streaks from that 8 weeks of hell.

Did anyone take a humanties or arts history class in high school or college? Did you learn about architecture from the Middle Ages and Renaissance? You probably learned about churches and cathedrals from that era, right?

600 years from now when people take art history or humanities in school, and they learn about architecture from our time, they'll study sports stadiums.