"I didn't march my age-out because..."

OK, not all of you have regrets over not marching your age-out. Some did military, some paid, professional internships, etc. But for anyone who missed the opportunity to leave your shoes on the field, here's you chance (another?) to share why you didn't march.

Me? I was scrubbing toilets. Literally. Summer conference staff at North Texas...we went around after cheer camp and freshman orientation left cleaning up all kinds of unmentionables. Ugh.

OK, someone with a sweet internship story tell us your story to make me feel better...ugh!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No regrets.

I quit marching to work summers to pay for school.

I was happy marching the DCA corps I am with now.

(this is my age out).

A chick. Stopped practicing, stopped caring, and when it came down to decision time, she asked me to not march for her....

Terrible woman. Hope nothing good comes for her in life (I'm bitter, and there's more to the story too)

I got a ring....

....and joined the Navy.

I got no ring but Joined the Air Force. I miss the glory days but it was the best decision I ever made. I owe the military for the training and discipline I now have. Without it I would probably be a band director (no shame in that) or teaching drum lessons in some drum shop (not bad either). I would not have been a very patient band director. I now have a very successful career as an IT manager and I owe it to my Air Force training. :blush:

I got no ring but Joined the Air Force. I miss the glory days but it was the best decision I ever made. I owe the military for the training and discipline I now have. Without it I would probably be a band director (no shame in that) or teaching drum lessons in some drum shop (not bad either). I would not have been a very patient band director. I now have a very successful career as an IT manager and I owe it to my Air Force training. :tongue:

Yeah the military has been great to me as well so far. Drum corps made it an easy transition which was great. I may decide to get out when my contract is up in three years though. I may want to talk to you since I work in the IT field in the Navy and want to do the same thing when I become a civilian. :blush:

Yeah the military has been great to me as well so far. Drum corps made it an easy transition which was great. I may decide to get out when my contract is up in three years though. I may want to talk to you since I work in the IT field in the Navy and want to do the same thing when I become a civilian. :blush:

I got out and tripled my income as a USAF contractor. I have worked for an incredible contractor (SAIC) for several years until last month. I'm in the private sector for the first time and not sure I like it that much but the $$ are really good! :tongue: My advice is keep your DoD clearance up to date and go with a military contractor.

I got out and tripled my income as a USAF contractor. I have worked for an incredible contractor (SAIC) for several years until last month. I'm in the private sector for the first time and not sure I like it that much but the $$ are really good! :blush: My advice is keep your DoD clearance up to date and go with a military contractor.

Oh yeah I know all about SAIC. I was thinking about working for a military contractor, and I think I'd be a shoe-in given the fact I have a TS clearance and I have a bachelor's degree in IT. So I guess I will most likely take your advice.