Crown Preview

Sounds to me like a lot of you are over reacting. Yeah, big bottom sound, there is nothing wrong with that but please, oh please, little skinny trumpet players, can you blend to what the low brass is giving you instead of stagger breathing rather terribly here and there and everywhere? It sounds like there are only 6 of you. Six very little trumpet players. Half Teasing Half Teasing.

When people listen to this they hear a lot of Tubas and they shut their ears off to everything else. Inexperienced ears.

No doubt though that they will be a great brass line this summer, as they always are. I think they may almost be pushing the bottom end too much. Fans just need to relax a bit.

I'm pretty sure they put the mics in front of the contras for this recording, judging by the title. Could be wrong, I couldn't make it to that camp. I do like the way it sounds, though.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't a great excuse but not all of the lead trumpets were there, it was the end of a long rehearsal, and its only March when that recording was made. Plus I heard even better than that, but once again its a tease.

Actually it is a fine excuse.. Well actually no excuses needed. It sounds pretty good. Considering its what April. The other thread about stagger breathing and all. Well yeah I could put on Cadets BD Phantom etc and say the same thing.

I love pre season drum corps.. all the guessing etc.. funny stuff..

I'm pretty sure they put the mics in front of the contras for this recording, judging by the title. Could be wrong, I couldn't make it to that camp. I do like the way it sounds, though.

It actually wasn't right in front of them, he was in the back of the gym.

Sounds to me like a lot of you are over reacting. Yeah, big bottom sound, there is nothing wrong with that but please, oh please, little skinny trumpet players, can you blend to what the low brass is giving you instead of stagger breathing rather terribly here and there and everywhere? It sounds like there are only 6 of you. Six very little trumpet players. Half Teasing Half Teasing.

When people listen to this they hear a lot of Tubas and they shut their ears off to everything else. Inexperienced ears.

No doubt though that they will be a great brass line this summer, as they always are. I think they may almost be pushing the bottom end too much. Fans just need to relax a bit.

Good to see someone actually listened closely

I can't believe that Crown releases a little preview and there are people jumping on it as if this was their Finals recording. This was in March, find me a corps that has perfect stagger breathing and perfect balance and everything in March. Please

Cool. :tongue:

Now it's time to see if they turn them loose on the field. With that kind of foundation you might hear drum corps that makes your nose bleed again.

I can't believe that Crown releases a little preview and there are people jumping on it as if this was their Finals recording. This was in March, find me a corps that has perfect stagger breathing and perfect balance and everything in March. Please

And then people wonder why corps don't do it..

I am just glad that Corps do it. I know that it is early but I am thankful that they let us here a little something. Will never put them down either.

To all the members of Crown that might be reading Keep up the good work. Everyone enjoyed your show. (ok most everyone I am sure there are some that might not) ..

And to the Crown Admins thanks for sharing the little snipet.

I think their brass staff has a pretty good grasp on what it takes to develop a good hornline with good balance and no holes in the sound :tongue:

Actually I think that most corps should sound pretty good at this time of the year...standing still. Then it all goes to hell once they start running around the field and by the end of tour they sound as good moving as they did standing still earlier in the season. At least, that's what's supposed to happen.

Also, this is DCP. Everyone complains about everything.