So what'd you guys think of the Countdown?

One guy was pretty angry that SCV wasn't in it.

Wow. He must have really been engaged with the whole voting process, huh? :tongue:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was pretty cool. I was surprised to see so many people at the theater I went to. It was about 50% full.

I need to publicly compliment you, "Swiss." Most people on DCP would have said the theater was about 50% EMPTY. :tongue:

I thought the show was great! I was disappointed in the turnout - only about 50 people in the theatre, and very quiet crowd too. I was half expecting a crowd and lots of applause. That would have been more fun. Then again - there were about 4 or 5 theaters around the metro area showing it, and this probably wasn't the best theatre to go to. Traffic was a mess and was lucky to make it there on time as it was though, so couldn't have made it elsewhere. But still - it was great. Kind of gets you ready for marching season to begin.

Worth the $8.50 if for the alumni corps alone :tongue:

I missed that show at finals, so I was really glad they did this.

Well, you have to understand, I was always under the impression that I knew all the drum corps fans in my city. When I walked into the theater, not only were there a lot of people, but I only knew one of them. So that was pretty amazing.

I went to Randolph MA. Out of all the theater shows i've attended, this one had the best sound. It was too low intitially, but a quick

word to the manager and they cranked it right up. The video was not in sync with the audio. They tried to fix it, but nothing helped.

rebooting, re-linking, whatever...it didn't work.

The video was ok, definitely not HD, but the same as the DVD! It was just "zoomed" to fill the widescreen aspect ratio. Thereby cropping

the picture at the top and bottom. Not really missing much there, you just lose some picture quality.

The in between stuff looked like it may have been HD - but on a screen that size nothing is crisp enough to really tell.

I enjoyed seeing what the corps were doing in February. It's gonna be a great season!

Attendance was the best I can remember. Approximately 50 people!!!

I give the show a 10

Direct TV Satellite box, a 2

and the theater a 10 for effort and great sound

Edited by audiodave

Very small turnout in Birmingham - maybe 25-30? The best parts were the clips of what is to come in 2008 from BD, BS & Crown!

Very small turnout in Birmingham - maybe 25-30? The best parts were the clips of what is to come in 2008 from BD, BS & Crown!

Although 25-30 seems small...there weren't that many people watching regular movies in the theatre I was at. I'm sure the theatre was glad to have anyone in there tonight. Our theatre was packed BTW.

We had about 40 in our theatre, but that looked full compared to the rest of the place. I know there were a few other showings in town as well. Sound was not to loud, picture not too great, but any drumcorps is better than the stuff on TV or in most of the 23 other theatres in the conplex.

Best part for me-the clips of Blue Stars and Crown playing their show music, lots of stuff that I can recognize and some interesting mixes of classica tunes for Crown like a bit of 1812 and some opera, of course they could just be warm-ups or something thrown out get some buzz going, kinda like I am doing write now :devil:

Funniest moment-reading the disclaimer at the start of the show about how it was filmed before the stadium switch for finals, then listening to Steve keep talking about how finals would be in the something-oil stadium for 2008. (They did have a small clip on how finals might be moved if the stadium is not done....like they kinda knew they would be moving....)

Best "ohhh" of the night-when the marching tymps were shown from the Kingsmen, several people in the stands commented on that in a really positive way, they were all impressed :tongue:

Crowd was cheering for-Cavies, lots of green shirts in the top row. Also had at least one from Sky Riders alumni, one Bluecoat alumni, some folks cheering for Phantom, and 4 of us in Gulf Coast Sound shirts passing out flyers for the local DCI and DCA shows this summer.