Countdown results show gives inside look at Phantom Regiment.

Thousands of fans headed to movie theaters across the country for the April 24 showing of “The Countdown,” Drum Corps International’s spring cinematic event. As part of post-event activities, fans have been logging onto DCI.org to rank and rate the six corps performances they witnessed on the big screen Thursday evening, using a modified version of the actual judging process used to evaluate the world’s most elite and exclusive marching music ensembles on the field each summer.

“Countdown” fan judging on DCI.org will run through Saturday, April 26 at noon ET. Scores will then be tabulated and averaged, with the highest scoring group earning the title of “2008 Countdown Champion.” Fan-judged “Caption Award winners” also will be recognized for achievement in brass, percussion and color guard performance.

Phantom Regiment

In addition to the announcement of fan judging results, DCI.org Web watchers will have the opportunity to take an exclusive look inside the upcoming weekend rehearsal camp of the Phantom Regiment. The corps’ brass and battery percussion section members meet up this weekend in Beloit, Wis. to continue their off-season training, prior to their June departure for the annual DCI Summer Tour.

Originally scheduled to be broadcast following the completion of judging on Saturday, April 26, the “Countdown” results Webcast video will instead be posted Sunday afternoon, allowing camera crews to capture the brass and battery percussions sections during their ensemble rehearsals Saturday night, providing fans with the opportunity to go behind the scenes with the Phantom Regiment.

Which corps will earn bragging rights as the "2008 Countdown Champion"? Stay tuned to DCI.org this Sunday to find out.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=5...46-9cff2d458214

:w00t::devil::w00t::cool::tongue::w00t::cool::w00t:

FINALLY! a glimpse into what should add even more hype to this year's shows. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thousands of fans headed to movie theaters across the country for the April 24 showing of “The Countdown,” Drum Corps International’s spring cinematic event. As part of post-event activities, fans have been logging onto DCI.org to rank and rate the six corps performances they witnessed on the big screen

Okay, this is off-topic, and I know I'm out-dated a bit, but can anyone tell me what people paid for tickets to a six-show "cinematic event"? I pray it wasn't still the $15 I paid for 12 corps a few years back, unless there were a crapload of extras besides the six corps.

Okay, this is off-topic, and I know I'm out-dated a bit, but can anyone tell me what people paid for tickets to a six-show "cinematic event"? I pray it wasn't still the $15 I paid for 12 corps a few years back, unless there were a crapload of extras besides the six corps.

I think it was $10.

I paid $10 plus a .99 processing fee (according to the receipt). I live and viewed the show in Chicago.

back on topic<<<<<<< :w00t:

isn't there atleast ONE other person who's excited to hear some power&passion?!?!?

LOL...thanks!!!

YES!!! I WANNA HEAR WHAT I'M GOING TO BE THROWING BABIES AT THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

back on topic<<<<<<< :tongue:

isn't there atleast ONE other person who's excited to hear some power&passion?!?!?

You, me and shostahoosier make three, but then I'm biased since my wife marched at Regiment.

:w00t:

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

It was $10 and worth every penny. The extras showing rehearsals and progress for a few corps made it all the better.

I was actually skeptical about attending this countdown because I hadn't enjoyed the other ones I'd been to at all.