Countdown results show gives inside look at Phantom Regiment.

In watching & listening to the "Countdown" video insight to PR's 2008 production, I thought the arrangements were VERY artistic, but still gave you those familiar snipits from SPARTACUS 1981-1982, especially during the initial piece. Now as far as the percussion - I'm not expert, but gym is NO PLACE (same as when I sat in on the two Cadets camps here in PA ) the accoustics are AWFUL! However, the typical Rennick accents were able to be heard, and if ANYONE (aside from the BD honks) make a "Dynasty" snare, tenor or bass sound good, it's Paul Rennick!

Can't wait to hear what the pit will be playing -- salivating already!

Now I went on-line and searched for some Scotella written drill/shows via video, and they aint' bad folks! Howver, BOA is not that calibre' perse' as DCI is. NOT that they do not play/mach in the same degree as DCI Corps do, so much more seems (SEEMS) to be expected of drill designers, hence the current captions, sub caps etc of DCI scoring. As far as the design element -- I am dying to see what the uniform changes will be!

Ok --- on the verge of heart palpitations....better stop here!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what you get for letting bandos judge. phantom's mellos made me wince in pain

Thank you!!!