Crown's 2008 Program

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what we know, the show is called Finis, and the idea behind is finding the perfect musical ending. Selections include

Overture to Candide

Theme from Sweeney Todd

Claire de Lune

Barber of Seville

1812 Overture

I'm looking forward to hearing this because Crown's hornline has been really fantastic for the last three or four seasons and has continued to improve.

Of course I'll forever be thinking about the corps who fielded these selections in my youth - Let's give it up for Santa Clara, 27th Lancers, Phantom, and Garfield.

Wow, yeah I'm not sure how I would react to my mom posting on DCP...

Buuuut, all i have to say is that this summer will certainly be another great competitive one. I wouldn't be to suprised to see a lot of movement among the top 7 corps again.

Carolina Crown top 3 this year... Could be your 2008 champion!

extremely doubful, statistically, no corps that has never won has gone from 6th to winning in a single year.... ever.

also - the only corps that went from 6th to 3rd in a single year without winning previously was..... star of indiana....

Edited by baristeve

but they could get a medal

The one thing I know about DCI is that as of late, last year's placements will be shuffled and there will be a surprise corps that jumps up and makes noise.

I'm not counting out Crown to surprise people. I'm not counting out SCV to jump up and surprise people. I won't even be shocked if one of the BIG 3 fall flat on their ARSE and fall to 4-6. (although I think Cadets are going to win it all)

I cannot wait for Crown's 2008 show entitled "Great Endings" featuring Fat Bottomed Girls, Honky Tonk Badonkadonk, and Back Dat AZZZ Up, and Shake Ya Tail Feather.

Crown 2007- Horses

Crown 2008- Cows

Crown 2009- Spider Monkeys

Crown 2010- Duck-billed Platypus

I don't think Crown 2008 has been overhyped. I think Crown 2007 has been overhyped after the fact. I certainly enjoy a good theme, but that show blugeoned you with it. Not to say they didn't perform grrrrrrrrreat. They did. That color guard... :rolleyes: