Finals Tickets: $125/ea.

IF NumberOfSeats <= (NumberOfButtCheeks / 2)

THEN

Set IsProblem = FALSE

Set SeatPrice = $125

ELSE

Set ISProblem = TRUE

Set SeatPrice = “???”

ENDIF

Oh freakin' puke.... Looks what I've been fighting with all day on a database. (Taking DCP breaks before I go bonkers.)

Oz, if ya thrown in a WHILE, FOR od UPDATE... I'm heading for home... :tongue:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh freakin' puke.... Looks what I've been fighting with all day on a database. (Taking DCP breaks before I go bonkers.)

Oz, if ya thrown in a WHILE, FOR od UPDATE... I'm heading for home... :tongue:

How about:

THEN

Set IsProblem = FALSE

Set SeatPrice = $125

ELSE

Set ISProblem = TRUE

GOTO ResetPrice

ENDIF

How about:

THEN

Set IsProblem = FALSE

Set SeatPrice = $125

ELSE

Set ISProblem = TRUE

GOTO ResetPrice

ENDIF

LMAO, trying to remember which DCPer has a sig with a cartoon about using GOTO.

Also trying to remember the punch line of the cartoon. Guy puts GOTO in the code a dinosaur eats him... or sumthin'

Edit: GOTO DCA??? :tongue::tongue:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I'm curious and this is a serious question....if you were in charge of DCI or were in a management position there, what would you do differently?

If you were in a management position with the Dupont company, what would you do differently ? Kind of hard to answer.....because you are not (Or maybe you are :tongue: ) familiar with the day to day operations of the Dupont company.

Without knowing the details of running DCI, a couple of areas I would focus on are,

Grow the fanbase and number of drum corps

*I would not alienate anyone. (Only focus on marching band and just expect Legacy fans to hang around)

Help the corps with being better money managers

*Number one reason why we lose a lot of GREAT corps.......DEBT !!!

*I believe I mentioned earlier that someone involved with a corps took a second mortgage out on their house

to buy two contra bass horns.

Try to expose drum corps to more people through non-drum corps events

*How about some standstills for the elderly or for children at children hospitals and grade schools ?

Provide Training for the customer service staff in the DCI office

*Because I feel a lot of them don't have a grasp on what true customer service is.

I am sure I can think of a few more but these are the ones off the top of my head

Edited by Triple Forte

And what are you basing this on?

If we're just throwing out baseless BS I'm game.

You kick puppies for fun.

A few pages back I mentioned that I spoke with someone who was a sponsor of a local show and who also ran a local show. Unfortunately, I don't remember specifics but DO remember the lilt of the conversation. I asked this nice gentlemen, Do sponsors expect big perks from drum corps events in the same way they would from companies. Basically the answer was yes. Now I am not going to say this is the case for every sponsor, but some of few of them appear to treat business as business......weather its for youth and non-for-profit or not.......

You kick puppies for fun.

Honestly, I never hit anyone........well actually my older brother but he deserved it :tongue:

Based on...?

A few pages back I mentioned that I spoke with someone who was a sponsor of a local show and who also ran a local show. Unfortunately, I don't remember specifics but DO remember the lilt of the conversation. I asked this nice gentlemen, Do sponsors expect big perks from drum corps events in the same way they would from companies. Basically the answer was yes. Now I am not going to say this is the case for every sponsor and every show. I don't know....maybe its the minority. But I am sure some of them treat business as business......weather its for youth and non-for-profit or not.......

Everyone?

I think just about everyone has bought something they did not need or did not use......same idea. Fritter/waste.....

DCI hired me as Staff Writer, so I know they are capable of making mistakes. :tongue:

Good one........ :tongue: I think you do a fine job......thanks for your contributions.

We have a leader who always wants the organization to improve. There will always be something that can be done better. I encourage anyone with suggestions or observations to let him know what they think. I believe he is happy to hear from anyone with ideas or thoughts.

I have sent a few email/suggestions over the years. One of my favorites is to have a DCI/Fan conference the week of DCI finals. Have the DCI managers field questions from fans in a town hall/open mic format. That way DCI can hear and see (First hand) what fans are concerned about.

Good one........ :tongue: I think you do a fine job......thanks for your contributions.

Thank you.

I have sent a few email/suggestions over the years. One of my favorites is to have a DCI/Fan conference the week of DCI finals. Have the DCI managers field questions from fans in a town hall/open mic format. That way DCI can hear and see (First hand) what fans are concerned about.

I LOVE that idea! But I wonder about the logistics of time during the most important week of the season. Have you figured out how to make it "worth" their time to get away from their corps to answer questions in a public forum? Do you think a lot of fans would show up?

Thank you.

I LOVE that idea! But I wonder about the logistics of time during the most important week of the season. Have you figured out how to make it "worth" their time to get away from their corps to answer questions in a public forum? Do you think a lot of fans would show up?

I think logistics could be "cheap" and a lot of fans would be engaged if they utilize the DCI Market place area. In recent years there have been a variety of musical groups (On stage) entertaining the folks as they enter the market place.

Getting DCI directors/instructors away from the practice field....well....that may be tough but I am sure they can afford one hour of their time somehow.

Getting DCI directors/instructors away from the practice field....well....that may be tough but I am sure they can afford one hour of their time somehow.

I don't know of many people that would voluntarily show up for their own lynching. It would be hard to believe that anyone would go there for any reason other than to complain... and if there are a few rabble-rousers in the group, it would have the potential to be a big negative experience rather than a productive dialogue.

Perhaps the creation of a "Fan Council" of some sort would be a good thing to provide some direct feedback to DCI... but not at finals, imho.

I think logistics could be "cheap" and a lot of fans would be engaged if they utilize the DCI Market place area. In recent years there have been a variety of musical groups (On stage) entertaining the folks as they enter the market place.

A consideration, though, is that many corps might not be staying that close to Bloomington, so a one hour commitment to such an event might be substantially longer considering round-trip traveling from and back to the rehearsal site.