Alumni Corps - One Night Showdown!

Alumni corps - worth the time?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see in a one night showdown?

• 27th Lancers
    • Madison Scouts Alumni
    • Chicago Royal Airs Alumni
    • Freelancers Alumni
    • Bridgemen Alumni
    • Cavaliers Alumni
    • Other

So, I have been watching some old Alumni corps reunions that have happened at DCI finals weeks...27th Lancers - 1994, Madison Scouts - 2006 (and I was watching 88 & 92 VK) but I was thinking, looking at the emotion and fan appeal that these groups did for that "One Night Only" what if DCI were to have a special night - just once - in the perfect world - during all of DCI finals week - that all these corps could perform - would you go to see it and who should be included?

I listed a few in the poll above, but who would you love to see in this as an alumni performance again?

Please don't go on about the DCA corps - I'm talking the best selections from throughout the years from these Alumni corps and such.

Man, I think I would be drained emotionally! I was just after watching Scouts and 27.

I would love to see VK do an Alumni Corps like these groups - that would be cool!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember doing a show with the Royal Airs Alumni back when - those guys were freaking awesome. Not only did they light the crowd up, but they had all of the junior corps members cracking up before retreat.

All of 'em- and Vanguard too!

I don't know about DCI - but I'd wager DCA would allow an exhibition show with Alumni corps.

It would be great if they could have 10-12

Alumni corps performing. No competition,

just each group throwing down and

making the fans pass out from the excitement!

How come Anaheim Kingsmen aren't in the vote??

Edited by GuyW

" I don't know about DCI - but I'd wager DCA would allow an exhibition show with Alumni corps."

They already do -- It's called the DCA Alumni Classic, and it's held on the Sunday of DCA Finals, beginning about 10:00 a.m. Many feel it would be better attended if it were held at night, but with prelims now on Saturday evening, that's not likely to happen.

Ha, well I guess I would have known that if I were more involved with DCA. Wish I could do it, but such is poor geographic position and beginning a career. Hopefully I'll be out there again some day though.