Which corps....

I believe my corps is full (although I'm restricted from telling you my corps, lol... sucks, don't it?) However, if your on the fence, I would say join any corps, and you won't regret it. I've got some friends in pioneer, so I would say go there. Even the lower WC corps need members, and it's definitely a place to start, if not just become part of a family.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a naysayer by any means, and I'll be the first to admit that I haven't even looked, but isn't advertising on DCP kind of pointless? Everyone on here is either aged out or already marching, or at least the vast majority. Wouldn't MBP be a more appropriate venue?

I'm really not knocking the idea of putting this list together or even advertising it here.....just wondering more if anyone's done that yet.

Is that really necessary to point out....really?

Yes, it is necessary to point out.

There are people out there who still think it's the 70's, just like the few remaining people who think "Garfield" is corps marching this year. Mr. Contrajedi8 said exactly the right thing, in exactly the right way. That's because some drum corps people who are stuck in the past (nobody who posts on this board, of course) just don't get it.

If I wanted a tuba player and some bozo wanted to have an attitude and call it a "contra" instead of the term the staff uses I'd tell him there were no more openings. I'd rather march a hole than deal with some dude with an attitude all season.

Life's too short. :blink:

Edited by wvu80

Not to be a naysayer by any means, and I'll be the first to admit that I haven't even looked, but isn't advertising on DCP kind of pointless? Everyone on here is either aged out or already marching, or at least the vast majority.

Of course it isn't pointless. I think it's a great topic, because now some corps staff can reach out for that last minute spot they need filled, and someone who is looking to march can find a corps, all in one place.

Everyone on here is either aged out or already marching, or at least the vast majority.

I haven't aged out, because I never marched corps. But my 15 year-old trumpet player might be looking for a nice drum corps home some day.

You never know, and I can always hope. :blink:

Edited by wvu80

There are people out there who still think it's the 70's, just like the few remaining people who think "Garfield" is corps marching this year. Mr. Contrajedi8 said exactly the right thing, in exactly the right way. That's because some drum corps people who are stuck in the past (nobody who posts on this board, of course) just don't get it.

If I wanted a tuba player and some bozo wanted to have an attitude and call it a "contra" instead of the term the staff uses I'd tell him there were no more openings. I'd rather march a hole than deal with some dude with an attitude all season.

Lol...not sure how much time you've been around corps lately, but the staffs themselves pretty much call 'em what they want, and dont give a crap. I know more than half our staff used the term contra, and they used 'soprano' almost as much.

You're right - life's too short, so why do you care what someone on a message bored calls it? Noone had an attitude until you made it a big deal...

I don't think just cause someone wants to call it a soprano or a contra means they have an attitude. I mean, that's what I call them. Just the term I'm used to. Certainly not worth denying someone a spot. An attitude is: "I'm at this corps because they need me, so treat me like I'm God." And that's ridiculous.

And really I think you'd rather fill the hole. Watch the 06 Madison show, that hole sticks out like a mother.

But really, it's all 6 in one half dozen in the other.

Geez, I hope no tuba or trumpet players want to march Madison, then.

Not to be a naysayer by any means, and I'll be the first to admit that I haven't even looked, but isn't advertising on DCP kind of pointless? Everyone on here is either aged out or already marching, or at least the vast majority. Wouldn't MBP be a more appropriate venue?

I'm really not knocking the idea of putting this list together or even advertising it here.....just wondering more if anyone's done that yet.

Actually, the first year I marched DCI, was because I saw that a corps had a hole right before tour, and a week later, I was learning their drill. Oh yeah, I saw that announcement here.

honestly, that's ########... what corps march today are actually closer to the term contra than tuba.

The Bb contras were made identical to their G counterparts, just with different/longer tubes.

and tubas are played sitting down.... sooo yeah.

IMO - contra.

I checked out the official outline of the alternate program we have last camp, and it is pretty legit. Definitely there to help the kids, no matter what the situation. I was really impressed.

That is really interesting, and could be a great way for someone to "get their feet wet". When I read about alternates, I often wondered whether or not it was an actual program, or if it was just extra kids sitting around so the corps could collect additional membership fees. This sounds pretty legit. Is this information posted somewhere?