Classic or Chic?

Classic v. Chic  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What type of uniform, in general, do you like more?

• Classic
    • Chic
    • Both

From what I've seen, there are two types of uniforms... Classic & Chic.

Classic would be the uniform styles from the earlier - middle years of DCI. I personally think Cadets still use a classic style uniform.

Chic (the best word I could think of) has more of a modern style to it, sleek lines, minimal intricate designs. For example, SCV, Blue Stars...

Basically, do you like the uniform styles more from the present or past?

I am not asking about the material used, quality build, or comfort.

EDIT: I used the word "chic" because I didn't know what else to call it. I wouldn't call it modern as I don't think it would fit.

Edited by NeutralNovice

I voted for classic because although there are some "chic" uniforms that look good, there are way too many that IMO look too similar to each other. Blue Knights for instance, adopted their current unforms in 2000. When I saw them I thought they looked way too much like the Raiders. Why would they pracitically copy the Raiders? And why would they get rid of those dots that were SO unique? NOBODY had dots! Nobody still has dots! Maybe part of the problem is that so many uniforms are being designed by the same people...

Both is totally cool with me. There shouldn't be just one. :cool:

I went with both - each style fits different coprs.

That, and I'm all about having some variety in the activity.

I voted for classic because although there are some "chic" uniforms that look good, there are way too many that IMO look too similar to each other. Blue Knights for instance, adopted their current unforms in 2000. When I saw them I thought they looked way too much like the Raiders. Why would they pracitically copy the Raiders? And why would they get rid of those dots that were SO unique? NOBODY had dots! Nobody still has dots! Maybe part of the problem is that so many uniforms are being designed by the same people...

I would argue that "classic" style uniforms look more similar to each other than "chic" style.

I think Fluteboy was referring to Christian from Project Runway. He was all about chic, and he called his work "fierce." Actually, he called everything fierce.

Anyhoo, isn't it possible to be chic and classic?