How Much Did You Spend?

Thought this might make an interesting topic, and I've never seen it discussed here before. So how much did you spend getting items for tour?

I guess It's only right that I start...

I just got back for walmart and I spent about $300 on stuff, and I left alot of things off that I can get during the pre-tour wal mart runs.

The biggest things were the air matress and a large(4g) memory card for my camera.

This is, however, my first year ever marching..so I'm sure it will be significantly cheaper next year.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this might make an interesting topic, and I've never seen it discussed here before. So how much did you spend getting items for tour?

I guess It's only right that I start...

I just got back for walmart and I spent about $300 on stuff, and I left alot of things off that I can get during the pre-tour wal mart runs.

The biggest things were the air matress and a large(4g) memory card for my camera.

This is, however, my first year ever marching..so I'm sure it will be significantly cheaper next year.

I'm kind of wondering what I should expect to spend, considering I have to get all my things tomorow...

I spent a fortune every year.

I rarely re-used stuff from year to year....either it would get trashed/nasty...or I'd lose it (i used to move a LOT)

I would generally go thru 2-3 waterjugs a summer...they'd always get left behind while loading the truck, or get crushed in the truck.

rookie year: $300

age out year (4 years later): $20

each year i hacked numerous things off my list that were just dead weight.

looking back on my rookie year, i cant help but laugh at the unbelievable amount of stuff i had!

if you are new to corp and are about to go tour shopping, here are a few tips (im sure everyone has some)

- if you think you might need something, or it might come in handy sometime, you probably do not need it

- basketball shorts are the lightest, and 'easiest to pack' clothing item.

-if you need to buy luggage, an air mattress, or sleeping bag, i suggest getting something of quality that will last you through your drumcorp career. its better to just buy something once that is a little more expensive, then buying multiple cheap products year after year.

-most people on tour do not care if you are wearing pre-worn clothes during rehearsal. everyone likes to have a fresh shirt or something each day, but i have never heard of anyone caring. besides, 99% of people dont wear shirts, and rotate the same 3 or 4 shorts anyways..

anyways, those are just a few money saving suggestions

im sure that list could go on and on....

Great....cant wait to spend that much money :tongue:

Whatever, it must be done. Too bad this will be my only year marching.

Lol....just hang around dcp for another week - someone is bound to start a 'LOLZOMG WAT 2 TAAEEEK on TUUUR' thread