The Cavaliers 2008 Show Selections

For their 60th anniversary season, The Cavaliers celebrate the ancient Japanese warrior's culture of honor, courage, and discipline in their 2008 presentation - Samurai. Featuring original music and complex choreography, the show offers a compelling interpretation of the Samurai's heroic history in four dramatic movements.

Bushido - The Way of the Warrior

Ronin - Masterless Samurai

Ken-jutsu - The Art of the Sword

Fumeiyo yori shi wo - Death Before Dishonor

With their unique brand of coordinated innovation, The Cavaliers will present a dramatic interpretation of the Samurai lifestyle that both honors their heritage and breathes new life into their legacy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Cool.

Although this really doesn't help the fans much except that I am now more certain than ever that there will be another "fight club" in this show. :tongue:

I was really hoping for some "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas. Maybe a little trumpet feature in the middle of the show :tongue:

"complex choreography"

The Cavaliers always do some, but making a point about the choreography makes me excited about how extensive it will be.

Well it is different than the "simple" choreography they have been doing in the past. :tongue:

Anyways, all original. Should be interesting (at least). IMO, in terms of entertaining, they are batting .500 in that area. Just as long as it doesn't sound like Spin Cycle.

I'm kinda hoping for a steroid-pumped upgrade of the dragon drill from their Variations on a Korean Folk Melody

:poke::tongue::devil: