Hawthorne Caballeros - 2008 Camp Weekend Details

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the tram car, please. :thumbup:

:tongue: *#!@ the tram car ! Gawd, how I hate that recording!

:dancin: *#!@ the tram car ! Gawd, how I hate that recording!

Come on Roger it's not that bad.....

What a great weekend...Guard and corps finally met LOL Hornline and percussion through to Malaguena...Three more weeks till our first performance...Hudson NY here we come...If you want to be a part of the Caballeros for 2008 we have three spots remaining open three brass spots...Come be a part of what is shaping up to be a fine Caballero corps... Wait until you see the rumps....Get ion touch with us at cabscontra@aol.com or check out our website at www.cabs.org...

Anyway... Next weekend back in Hawthorne for Saturday..... Rehearsal is open for all to come and check it out.. See you there.. or Wallington or Elmwood Park or Hawthorne or Saddlebrook as we do our Memorial day tour..

I have never worked so hard on a camp weekend than I did this past weekend. I was exhausted on sunday night (I actually took an hour nap in a wawa parking lot on the way home!) but I've never had more fun then I'm having now. The drill we have so far is outstanding, the book is amazing and the emotion and general effect is THROUGH THE ROOF.

Btw, I was talking to Eric about the drill for the closer. All I can say is this drill will be loved by EVERYONE, it is truly amazing.

RUMP!

I have never worked so hard on a camp weekend than I did this past weekend. I was exhausted on sunday night (I actually took an hour nap in a wawa parking lot on the way home!) but I've never had more fun then I'm having now. The drill we have so far is outstanding, the book is amazing and the emotion and general effect is THROUGH THE ROOF.

Btw, I was talking to Eric about the drill for the closer. All I can say is this drill will be loved by EVERYONE, it is truly amazing.

RUMP!

I didn't know they allowed napping at Wawa...LOL.. Glad your enjoying the experience though...

It was an amazing weekend, the weather was great but what would you expect in Wildwood. I was just watching and I was tired I don’t know how you guys could work 14 hours on Saturday and walk up to the boardwalk after practice and than start it all over again Sunday morning.

Andrew is right the music is fantastic, and the drill is amazing, and OMG the guard is picking up where they were last year and than some. As Mike said we still need 3 spots to fill-in the brass line, all other sections are solid.

As always the City of Wildwood opened it’s welcoming arms to the Caballeros with access to the High School, Maxwell Field, the soccer field and Fox Park.

Many Thanks to Mayor Ernie for all of his help not only for our annual camp but all he does for the Cabs at the Beach show which is shaping up nicely Get your tickets NOW they are going fast.

GREAT news about the guard, Al! I LOVED last year's guard :tongue: !

'Cause down the shore everything's alright. You and the drum corps on a saturday night. Nothing matters in this whole wide world, when you're marching with a jersey corps!

Placing a call right now to the Bruce Springsteen Lyrics Police...... :tongue:

Fran

Fran it’s ok for you to make the trip to Wildwood,

Your advance team made it’s rounds

Linguine with red clam sauce at Russo's...Check

cheese steak "wit" at Harry's Corner... Check

Kohr Brothers frozen custard.... double Check.

Add in a little Kelly’s action and you have a great weekend. :tongue:

Fran it’s ok for you to make the trip to Wildwood,

Your advance team made it’s rounds

Linguine with red clam sauce at Russo's...Check

cheese steak "wit" at Harry's Corner... Check

Kohr Brothers frozen custard.... double Check.

Add in a little Kelly’s action and you have a great weekend. :tongue:

OK....I'm in, on all counts!!!!!! :tongue:

Fran