Vehicles, gas prices, etc...

On a serious note, I can only think that an association of drum corps vehicles might be able to receive discounted prices,or fleet prices much the same as Schneider, J.B.Hunt, or any of the other major freight carriers. Naturally they fuel at designated suppliers. The Equipment truck tractor, and the food truck tractor can carry the fuel needed to get to these designated stations, however the gas vehicles might have to hopscotch their way. Nevertheless, any agreement that may be reached that would cut the price would be well worth the effort. good luck............

I think that maybe Rick Bays at Capital Regiment once investigated "Group Purchasing" of fuel. If not, then I'm maybe thinking of discussions within DCM in 2004, and it would have been Mike Phillips looking into it. Either way, I might have notes on this in my file.

Considering the overnight price spike of crude - and the 14 cents the mart up the street just went up...and no real fix in sight - I hate to say it but predict SEVERAL corps will not be able to come back in 2009. I suppose this could add $15,000-$20,000 in fuel to some corps over 2007 costs -- which was rough. Yes?

Edited by dannyboy

Pioneer will have:

3 buses

2 semis

1 staff sleeper (28')

1 souvie trailer/van

Hey guys ...

If I ever get my corps started, "Sophisticated Nuance Brass & Percussion Theatre Performance Ensemble Troupe," here's what I'll be traveling with ...

4 tour buses (3 passenger, one English double decker-style retrofitted on the top level for outdoor traveling performances).

2 semis (one equipment/gourmet food vehicle and one semi that transforms into a portable performance stage)

3 RVs (one for corps management, one for volunteer management/Marketing/PR, and one for hair and makeup)

1 mini van (to run errands, pending souvenir sales in the corps' first year of competition, we may upgrade that soon enough to a Hummer or Land Rover)

1 box truck retrofitted for souvenir sales (my dream is to try to acquire a retired Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile to shlock our souvenirs out of!)

This summer if I can tear myself away from watching corps performances long enough, I'm hoping get a start on my 5-year implementation plan, though I hope to be able to pull it off in 3 once I get going!!!!

Dude, I want to be on staff! Are you interested in locating it in Las Vegas?

Garry in Las Vegas