Competing corps and those not.

Yeah I was bored at work. And I saw the Cap Sound post about them going inactive and I got curious who all we have lost in the last two seasons and who is new, etc. Does this list look right and did I miss anyone? Just going from the end of 05 to today(06-07).

Competing WC Corps (20) - Cavaliers, Phantom, BD, Bluecoats, Cadets, SCV, BK, Crown, Scouts, BAC, Glassmen, Spirit, Colts, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Mandarins, PC, Pioneer, Academy, plus the comeback kid Troopers.

WC Corps lost or inactive (6) - Southwind, Capitol Regiment, Seattle Cascades, The Magic, Esperanza, Kiwanis Kavaliers.

Competing OC Corps (27) - Spartans, OC, SCVC, BDB, BDC, Surf, Memphis Sound, Teal Sound, Colt Cadets, Impulse, Revo, Raiders, Spokane Thunder, Dutch Boy, Citations, HYPE, Spirit of NJ, Racine Scouts, Targets, 7th Reg., Les Stentors, Gold, Incognito, VK, Legends, Mystikal and the comeback kid Yamato.

OC Corps lost or inactive (11) - East Coast Jazz, Fever, Capitol Sound, Jester, Lake Erie Reg., Trinity, Pride of the Lions, Cadets of NYC, Vision Elite, St Johns, Blue Saints.

I just looked to see who was active at the end of 05 versus today. I may have some of them wrong and it seems the smaller Canadian corps have a habit of merging so might have missed something there. If anyone is active or inactive and I screwed up let me know.

That list look right?

I thought ECJ was fielding this year....that sucks!

Edited by ouooga

ECJ is not fielding a corps this year?

Also, only 20 D1 corps? (I refuse to call it World Class) What is the point of allowing 12 corps into Finals at this point? That is more than half of all active corps. DCI needs to make Finals mean something. As unpopular as this may be, they need to chop it to the top third of D1 (top 6).

(I refuse to call it World Class)

:smile:

Also, only 20 D1 corps? (I refuse to call it World Class) What is the point of allowing 12 corps into Finals at this point? That is more than half of all active corps. DCI needs to make Finals mean something. As unpopular as this may be, they need to chop it to the top third of D1 (top 6).

The dwindling number of active corps has not caused a downturn in the quality of the top corps. If a corps has earned the right to be a finalist you shouldn't keep them out just because there are fewer groups below them in the standings.

Hey guys ....

A list of everyone coming out this summer! Unfortunate those who are staying in, but those who are coming out is something we should celebrate!

In OPEN CLASS, from what I can tell - the following corps are not coming to finals (but most are!!!):

BDC

Incognito

Gold

Mystikal

Good luck to all who are competing anywhere this summer!!!!!

In OPEN CLASS, from what I can tell - the following corps are not coming to finals (but most are!!!):

BDC

Incognito

Gold

Mystikal

Good luck to all who are competing anywhere this summer!!!!!

sounds like it is getting close to a 20/20 show,...............

With only 20 D1 corps, whats the point in cutting 3 corps from quarters to semis? IMO, the difference in quality just isn't that great from 20th to 17th.