DCA MINICORPS' 2008

I think all the members of Star United are saddened to hear that the Renegades are not taking the stage this year. You guys have been great friends/inspiration/rivals for us. Best of luck on the field this season and hurry back to the stage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short resume'. I like it.

Hey, I still got the Dubba-C and then some... I just don't have a corps to use it with. The beach goers like hearing it when I play with the big band, but that's just not the same...

So I guess this is the easy way of saying... Lead solo sop for hire!!!!! :laughing:

Edited by ErieSopMike

Mike I hope you get in to a MINI CORPS but don't forget there are many other brass contest going on that night. A great night to compete or just be happy to share a stage with some all time greats.

Applications are on the DCA website.

Lets here a couple of "C"s

Hey, I still got the Dubba-C and then some... I just don't have a corps to use it with. The beach goers like hearing it when I play with the big band, but that's just not the same...

So I guess this is the easy way of saying... Lead solo sop for hire!!!!! :thumbup:

We' d sure love to have a high-chops guy. But, you'd have to make Wednesday rehearsals in Albany.

Guessing the gas cost might be prohibitive. :tongue:

Edited by brassomaniac

Mike I hope you get in to a MINI CORPS but don't forget there are many other brass contest going on that night. A great night to compete or just be happy to share a stage with some all time greats.

Applications are on the DCA website.

Lets here a couple of "C"s

Thanks!!

This is gonna blow my cover here, but I'll say it anyway... I'm in the market for a new teaching job. I teach band primarily... grade levels dont' matter, but since I know we're all one big drum corps family, if anyone hears anything, could you let me know? It'd be greatly appreciated.

Look at it this way, if I land a job in your area, I'm obviously moving... so... I guess it's kind of a bounty... if anyone can get me leads to a job that gets me in their area, I'll pay you back by being a member of your corps!!! I think it's a sweet deal...

PM me if you have anything...

Ok, now, back to the topic at hand... who's still gotta their minicorps apps in????

Edited by ErieSopMike

• 2 weeks later...
Might as well get this started. Last year there were 18 minicorps' entered. Who's goin' this year....?

Sure is quiet around here :thumbdown: