DCA MINICORPS' 2008

Sorry to hear that Chris. Our kids dug the corps last year and were looking forward to catching you and the rest of the minis again at this DCA championship

Oh.........did I say..........CrossmenXtreme will be there............

JC

Renegades will be taking the year off from Minicorps competition.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder to last years Corps. All of your documentation and application must be to me by July 1st to hold your spot in the order.

Thanks for the reminder Dick. We'll get working on it.

Just a reminder to last years Corps. All of your documentation and application must be to me by July 1st to hold your spot in the order.

Chris, I'm sorry to hear that. Renegade's mini corps "raised the bar" (performance wise) more than any other. After that first year when Renegades tore the house down - every mini corps got better. They had to. However, as much as I hope that every competing corps will encourage their members to perform in I&E, I do realize that to produce that kind of quality in a mini corps - while participating in a contending corps - is MOST difficult. Hope we'll see you back next year...

Renegades will be taking the year off from Minicorps competition.

I'll add to the disappointment of The Renegades absence in Minicorps! Whoever wins this year will be just a bit tainted, IMO, due to the absence of one of the best. For anyone to claim to be the best, you first have to beat the best, and no matter who wins, the tinge of doubt will remain without you guys in the show!

I do look forward to seeing the field show. You guys converted my 14 year old daughter to a drum corps fan in one show last year. :tongue: She is coming to Rochester with us not to see her dad on Friday and Sunday, but to see the Renegades on Saturday. :tongue:

I'll add to the disappointment of The Renegades absence in Minicorps! Whoever wins this year will be just a bit tainted, IMO, due to the absence of one of the best. For anyone to claim to be the best, you first have to beat the best, and no matter who wins, the tinge of doubt will remain without you guys in the show!

I do look forward to seeing the field show. You guys converted my 14 year old daughter to a drum corps fan in one show last year. :tongue: She is coming to Rochester with us not to see her dad on Friday and Sunday, but to see the Renegades on Saturday. :tongue:

Man this is the kind of thing that makes it hard to retire from corps! Darn... :beer:

I for one will miss performing for everyone... If you think it is fun to watch the Renegade Minicorps... Then you havn't seen the view from the "stage!"

It is the Minicorps audience that really rocks! :beer:

Whoever wins this year will be just a bit tainted, IMO, due to the absence of one of the best. For anyone to claim to be the best, you first have to beat the best, and no matter who wins, the tinge of doubt will remain without you guys in the show!

Luckily, it is just your opinion.

The corps' are judged against a set of criteria on the sheets, and not necessarily against each other.

So the absence of a "x" corps in the line up will not automatically make a difference in the final scores. Nor will it make the result somehow less valid.

Agreed. The winner is the winner.

Thanks to all for the well wishes - Renegades Minicorps will be back! We are very excited about our field show this year and we want to put all of our energy into making the 2008 Renegades the best ever!

Although, personally, I would rather see the Renegades out there! See you next year!

I agree. Best wishes on the field and look foward to the Renegades mini-corps next year.

Dont Suck :big hug: