MJN and acn, PMed both of you.

Got it, and replied.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it, and replied.

same

Mr. ACN: Thank you very much for the great reviews. You sound to me like what is good about drum corps people. :)

Shout outs: Hi Paul, I didn't know you posted here. I hope all is well with you.

+++

Paul may also remember from previous posts that I have problems with drum corps staff being negative and punishing students for making mistakes. Mr. ACN realized IMMEDIATELY the guy who missed the notes WASTED valuable teaching time running laps. It blows me away that the juvenile thinking of the staff isn't more enlightened about this. I expect professionalism, not junior high school football coach mentality.

DRUM CORPS STAFF GUYS: If you want to change a behavior, teach it.

There. My contribution to making drum corps better. :thumbdown:

The Scouts' tradition of push-ups is not about punishment, it's about self-monitoring and developing upper body.

In general, punishment is ineffective because it is associated with fear, which blocks all learning. With positive reinforcement you can teach a bear to dance or a monkey to roller-skate. With punishment, about the best you can do is get a "freeze" response.

Mr. ACN: Thank you very much for the great reviews. You sound to me like what is good about drum corps people. :)

Shout outs: Hi Paul, I didn't know you posted here. I hope all is well with you.

+++

Paul may also remember from previous posts that I have problems with drum corps staff being negative and punishing students for making mistakes. Mr. ACN realized IMMEDIATELY the guy who missed the notes WASTED valuable teaching time running laps. It blows me away that the juvenile thinking of the staff isn't more enlightened about this. I expect professionalism, not junior high school football coach mentality.

DRUM CORPS STAFF GUYS: If you want to change a behavior, teach it.

There. My contribution to making drum corps better. :thumbdown:

i completely disagree with this.

they were teaching him something...that if u come in early, bad things happen. he begins to associate bad action with bad consequence. i have no problem with a little punishment. it's good to set the tone early that unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. there are alternates who would gladly fill those shoes in a heartbeat.

Man, PR needs to get some good teachers up there. You guys should have stepped in and put a stop to all of their nonsense. I really hope the bad teaching they have won't keep them out of the.........oh yeah

People, get off the computer and go do something constructive. Sure, have some reviews........whatever. This is not professional sports. Go buy tickets, volunteer time, sew, drive..........something. Next time you go see a corps, see if you can help them do something. Clearly most drum corps staff people have it together. Maybe they should recruit designers from DCP.............riiiiiiiiight. Get over yourself.

But seriously, maybe Regiment and Scouts should hire all of you next time. They don't know what is going on..........

Edited by Mysteryman

Man, PR needs to get some good teacher up there. You guys should have stepped in and put a stop to all of their nonsense. I really hope the bad teaching they have will keep them out of the.........oh yeah

People, get off the computer and go do something constructive. Sure, have some reviews........whatever. This is not professional sports. Go buy tickets, volunteer time, sew, drive..........something. Next time you go see a corps, see if you can help them do something. Clearly most drum corps staff people have it together. Maybe they should recruit designers from DCP.............riiiiiiiiight. Get over yourself.

But seriously, maybe Regiment and Scouts should hire all of you next time. They don't know what is going on..........

How much coffee have you had today?

Man, PR needs to get some good teachers up there. You guys should have stepped in and put a stop to all of their nonsense. I really hope the bad teaching they have won't keep them out of the.........oh yeah

u%20mad.jpg

Get over yourself?? :thumbdown: Whatever. I merely stated what I saw. I didn't say if I agreed with it or not. I never said it was nonsense. I never said it was bad teaching. All I said is that while he ran he missed 3 reps, then made the exact same mistake.

Oh I forgot. You can't report something factual, that I saw with my own eyes, without someone crying about it.

Just curious, while you are busy telling people what they should be doing - what exactly are you doing?