Front loading the alphabet with World Class Corps

I'm waiting for the big music companies to have their names added to the corps - like stadiums.

DCI proudly presents - The Dynasty Blue Devils!!! - The Yamaha Cadets! - The King Phantom Regiment! :tongue:

Like the way Spirit of Atlanta was sponsored by Delta Airlines (take a look at their uniforms in the '70s with the big Delta logo on the front)?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

When you go to the passport office, if they ask you for your last name, DON'T say "BOO". Those guys are a bit jumpy these days.

And did YOU notice if you choose to make up names any way you want, then THE CADETS can go right to the FRONT of the line, by simply not including the first letter of the name in the equation; Adets!

Geez, if a guy is going to rename the corps, you might as well go back and call them "Garfield" (which is not their name either :thumbup: )

(please refer to corpsreps.com, alphabetically, corps number 1127, THE CADETS.

Geez, you could use a Chicago accent and pronounce "The" as "Da" and there you are back to front loading da alphabet. :tongue:

Indeed! We'll front load the alphabet there as well: Anchor Steam, Amstel Light, Budweiser, Becks, Blatz, Blue Ribbon, Blue Moon, Corona, Coors, Carlsberg, Castle, Dos Equis, Duvel, Efes Pilsen...........you get the idea.

Boom

Well then, thanks for the invitation. How much do I have to drink before I get to my favorite - Sierra Nevada?

BTW, the reason I can take a good natured poke at our friend Mr. Boo, is because in the 27 years I've been watching drum corps, he is BY FAR my favorite drum corps writer. :thumbup:

(I've wanted to say that for a long time. Thanks for all your great stuff that contributed to my drum corps experience, Michael. :tongue: )

Thanks, but you're not just saying that because you know I've got cookies, are you?

Michael,

When you go to the passport office, if they ask you for your last name, DON'T say "BOO". Those guys are a bit jumpy these days.

The guy handling my situation actually commented on my name.

It was a painless and very quick procedure. I was impressed. And I was lucky, as I stood next to someone who has to leave for Peru on Sunday who didn't have a passport, and she had to drive up from Cincinnati.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, last years top 3 OC corps are all trying to go WC and none have 'early' letter names. Jersey Surf will plant itself after the ABC group and Glassmen with Madison on the other side, Spartans will join SCV, and we'll have a new 'last place' corps, alphabetically speaking with Teal Sound!

Just...too...much...analysis in this thread.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, last years top 3 OC corps are all trying to go WC and none have 'early' letter names. Jersey Surf will plant itself after the ABC group and Glassmen with Madison on the other side, Spartans will join SCV, and we'll have a new 'last place' corps, alphabetically speaking with Teal Sound!

Just...too...much...analysis in this thread.

So, does Teal (T-E) now come before Troopers (T-R) in the drum corps dictionary? (Because I would need to update mine.) :)

So, does Teal (T-E) now come before Troopers (T-R) in the drum corps dictionary? (Because I would need to update mine.) :)

Oops...negates my last point. $1 to Boo for spelling lesson.

• 3 weeks later...