Front loading the alphabet with World Class Corps

I can't be TOO critical since I've enjoyed reading the posts but...........Michael and Chris in particular, you are hereby invited to help me do some yard work.

Boom

Will there be refreshments?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I've always wondered why is Blue such a popular color in drum corps?

Blue Devils

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Blue Stars

and there are countless other Blue corps that have fallen by the wayside over the years.

And one that was Bleu................

Will there be refreshments?

Indeed! We'll front load the alphabet there as well: Anchor Steam, Amstel Light, Budweiser, Becks, Blatz, Blue Ribbon, Blue Moon, Corona, Coors, Carlsberg, Castle, Dos Equis, Duvel, Efes Pilsen...........you get the idea.

Boom

Indeed! We'll front load the alphabet there as well: Anchor Steam, Amstel Light, Budweiser, Becks, Blatz, Blue Ribbon, Blue Moon, Corona, Coors, Carlsberg, Castle, Dos Equis, Duvel, Efes Pilsen...........you get the idea.

Boom

Do you have anything for those of us who don't drink beer?

And have you noticed the word "alphabet" is itself at the front end of the alphabet?

Wow, man.

Edited by Michael Boo

Mike....has it been that long of a winter? Hang in there guy. June is almost here.

I don't know. I missed winter because I spent the entire season and then some away from home taking care of ill family members.

So, yeah, I guess. June does sound good. Isn't it arriving sometime within the next ten weeks?

Pie charts are ruining drum corps.

Back in my day we used bar graphs. They were louder too.

Mmmm, pie. But a bar sounds good, too.

Okay, it's late and I'll be up for several more hours working on the DCI program book descriptions for each of the corps. I've noticed something that makes sense to wonder about now, but probably won't make sense after some sleep...if and when that happens.

Have you ever noticed how the DCI World Class Corps are front-loaded in the first three letters of the alphabet? The names of eleven of our twenty World Class Corps begin either with the letter A, B or C. (Time out for everyone to say, "Wow, man." ) I'm not counting "The" in this observation.

The Academy, Blue Devils, Blue Knight, Blue Stars, Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, The Cadets, Carolina Crown, The Cavaliers, Colts and Crossmen all reside within the first three of our twenty-six letters. That's a full 55% of our World Class Corps crammed into only 11.5% of the alphabet, leaving just 45% of the corps to be spread out over 88.5% of the alphabet.

Glassmen are kind of by themselves and Madison Scouts have company with Mandarins. We do have three "Ps;" Pacific Crest, Phantom Regiment and Pioneer, with Santa Clara Vanguard and Spirit representing the proud letter "S" and being alphabetically neighborly to Troopers.

Someone should do a study to see if we've always been front-loaded alphabetically. If not, when did the alphabetical needle shift left?

Okay, this doesn't even come close to being the strangest thread on DCP.

And what sort of mushrooms did you have on your pizza today Mr Boo?