Which Version is better?

Which Version is better?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. SCV 1988 or 1989???

• 1988 ( Solos are better )
    • 1989 ( I love the masks )

Hi Jon!

But even early summer was well into the year. We started out with 17 or 18 horns. Trust me, it was rough (unlike 87, which was the smoothest ever).

Hey Chris - understood for sure. After 87 I can imagine it must've been slow going to reload, but you guys sure got there when it counted! Very cool to watch as a fan.

Can I buy you a beverage in Indianapolis, Bloomington, err.......

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for 88' it was more passionate and just artistry on the field. 89' was powerfull and agressive the final push either year was just amazing! I have to agree though 89' was a "sorry for last year have this one on us" I love SCV but Phantom shoulda had'em!

Bingo :tongue:

I like '88 much better. To me SCV should have won in '88, PR in '89.

88; no issues with paperwork, either.

I will always prefer the '88 show, mainly because I felt the guard told the "Phantom" story better. It just had a much bigger emotional impact on me than '89, where I felt like I'd seen it all before.

I will always prefer the '88 show, mainly because I felt the guard told the "Phantom" story better. It just had a much bigger emotional impact on me than '89, where I felt like I'd seen it all before.

And the Phantom himself wasn't treated like a Halloween character (my wife's thoughts on it)

I MUST say, however, that I was expecting the 88 Phantom to spike his mask in the endzone!

And the Phantom himself wasn't treated like a Halloween character (my wife's thoughts on it)

I agree.

I MUST say, however, that I was expecting the 88 Phantom to spike his mask in the endzone!

LOL! :ninja:

88 was perfectly written show...however, extremely difficult. I agree with the "flows together" comment, from musical and visual perspective.

89 was the second attempt at such a great show concept that they OWNED and they really perfected many aspects of the show's dynamic with tempo and visual design.

Percussion was better in 88 from an overall perspective.