The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

WOW, groovy shot. I see myself!

I haven't said this in a while but

GO Scouts!!!!!!!

NeverWalk2.jpg

Kinda hard to miss you when you're standing dead center... :thumbup:

My son is in front of the bass drum on the far right - he's the one with the reddish hair.

Can't wait to see them perform again in San Antonio!

Go Scouts!!!!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to page 1, where this thread belongs.

GO SCOUTS!

So - Any word on the closer? have they got it in the show now? Seems like 3 days of practice would have been a good time to get it in the show. Anyone?

I don't think we'll see it until Denver.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

So - Any word on the closer? have they got it in the show now? Seems like 3 days of practice would have been a good time to get it in the show.
I don't think we'll see it until Denver.

To echo Linda, I heard from a marching member yesterday at Cedarburg that the changes to the closer were not going to appear until Denver. I also was told that the changes are more along the lines of additional stuff rather than replacement stuff -- but I might have misunderstood; it was right at the end of a water break and he had to rush and get into line.

Kinda hard to miss you when you're standing dead center... :cool:

My son is in front of the bass drum on the far right - he's the one with the reddish hair.

Can't wait to see them perform again in San Antonio!

Go Scouts!!!!!

And the other Kevin (my son) is... Go back from Robert at a 45 degree angle to the right and he is three back! :worthy:

Edited by patblamo

To echo Linda, I heard from a marching member yesterday at Cedarburg that the changes to the closer were not going to appear until Denver. I also was told that the changes are more along the lines of additional stuff rather than replacement stuff -- but I might have misunderstood; it was right at the end of a water break and he had to rush and get into line.

I'm hoping that they've changed the brass drill during the drum solo... I know they were working on some new guard stuff as well, including working in their 2 new members.

So - Any word on the closer? have they got it in the show now? Seems like 3 days of practice would have been a good time to get it in the show. Anyone?

I spoke with Program Coordinator Ramiro Barrera at Drums On and the "New" closer will definitely be inserted the next time he and the rest of the creative staff are together, which is just several days prior to Denver. Don't worry though, they've got plenty of other things, No, "TONS" of things to address over these "3" days in Cedarburg! That's all I've got for today's "fly on the wall news".

I approve of this message.

And yea, Go Men, GO!

Yeah, but DM Dan is usually nicer than that.

At any rate, as Bill L. wrote, I also hear that the rehearsals in Cedarburg are going well and that the marching members are happy with the progress they've made these few days.

Personally, I choose to remain positive because: let's face it, this is drum corps and nothing is ever "solved". There is always controversy, there is never enough money, and to this date (correct me if I'm wrong, guys) no one has gotten a PERFECT score so every show can be improved upon. If I keep a positive attitude, at least I'll have fun along the way!

Go, go, go, GO SCOUTS!!!!

Amen! :worthy: