The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Amen! :worthy:

And don't forget Sue,

Go Scouts!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"CHAMELEONS;IGUANAS,or LOUNGE LIZARDS"... ?????

I don't know who did the "NEW UNI'S",( $$$$$);However,an "OLIVE DRAB" shade of Green REALLY gets LOST in The Grass !

(Maybe if Finals were to be held at "BOISIE STATE"...)

The recent "PIX" that have been posted,show VERY LITTLE COLOR being used by the "Visual Program"...

(Wasn't that what KILLED THEM Last Year ??? )

If they get "SLOTTED" this early in the Season,no matter what they change,or how much talent the Members may have; it STILL WON'T get them BACK into FINALS !!! :worthy:

Oh, the power of positive thinking! :cool:

Anyone going to the show tonight in Cedarburg??

Scouts/Colts/Troopers should be an interesting match up.

From what I've read on here the Scouts have been cleaning a lot - lets hope the judges notice. :worthy:

oh yeah: GO SCOUTS!!!

Kinda hard to miss you when you're standing dead center... :worthy:

Go Scouts!!!!!

Thats because Robert is the "Zelig" of Madison Scouts pics! Did you see how much face time he got in the MSARP broadcast!!! lol

Anyone going to the show tonight in Cedarburg??

Scouts/Colts/Troopers should be an interesting match up.

From what I've read on here the Scouts have been cleaning a lot - lets hope the judges notice. :worthy:

oh yeah: GO SCOUTS!!!

Scouts have a realistic chance to pass Troopers but I don't see them winning over Colts.

The Kalamazoo show on Saturday will be available on the Fan Network for playback on July 7.

If you haven't joined the Fan Network yet, be sure to use the Madison Scouts Link. They get a bigger share of your fee that way. If you join through the generic DCI link, the funds get allocated amongst all corps.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

OK.........Let me add. Cavies had 44 Guard at Drums On. I counted them.

It's not about the design, its about the young men.

And if you have any class you will think about how " I really don't mean to bash, but..." and " I support these boys but really?...." is constructive to those young men. Did you learn nothing of what the organization is about when you where on the scout staff? I believe these young men could teach you an awful lot.

You're right, it's about these young men who are getting the shaft because of poor decisions made by the board. These young men that aren't being given

a decent show. These young men who aren't being given a chance to achieve success because of misguided beliefs about how a modern day drum corps should be run. And let me add, that the blind support of the current debacle, is completely hypocritical to the concept of supporting the kids. How in the world is the current situation in the kids best interest? The only interest the current debacle serves are egos of those who are stuck and out of touch.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

The Kalamazoo show on Saturday will be available on the Fan Network for playback on July 7.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Sweet. I just noticed this today as well. I can't wait to see what changes/improvements have been made.

GO SCOUTS!!!

You're right, it's about these young men who are getting the shaft because of poor decisions made by the board. These young men that aren't being given

a decent show. These young men who aren't being given a chance to achieve success because of misguided beliefs about how a modern day drum corps should be run. And let me add, that the blind support of the current debacle, is completely hypocritical to the concept of supporting the kids. How in the world is the current situation in the kids best interest? The only interest the current debacle serves are egos of those who are stuck and out of touch.

Have you been to a Board meeting in the last 2 years? Know any of the Board members personally? Have an example of a "misguided belief" that the Board is adhering to?