The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

I've been reading this thread for a bit, and it seems like there is always some news that makes people think all the Scouts' issues are solved. Maybe eveyone's mental health would be better if we stop getting our hopes up ever-other-day.

I want Scouts to improve and once again be fan favorites. If they do or don't make Finals, or Semis for that matter, it should be about the guys having a good experience and learning about brotherhood and committment. If they start passing people (who are working equally as hard and also improving) that will be icing on the cake.

It seems like the negative responses in this thread come after someone implies that some event means that everything is "fixed".

Oh yeah, GO SCOUTS!

Machiavelli,

If you are refuring to my posts, I don't believe I have ever said everything is "Fixed". Now I'll grant you I am always positive in my posts and try to report good things that are happen'. IMHO The internet is not the place to air out family biz. You will never find me doing it !

On a lighter note,

GO SCOUTS !

Bill Leslie

Edited by Bill L.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...here we go. I don't believe I said anything negative about the young men or what they are doing (quite the contrary). I question the board and staff, and decisions made by both. I see the numbers shrinking, the product suffering, and competitive success of the corps affected (and yes, most will agree that competitive success or placement is not a reason to participate...but anyone who says this is not a competitive activity and shouldn't be motivation for an intelligently constructed and well-acheived, as well as entertaining program is talking nonsense...competition drives what we think and do, or else we all wouldn't pay so much attention to DCI).

I learned TONS about the organization when I was there...and I learned a lot more when the "brothers" turned their backs on people who were working so very hard to continue what this amazing group is about. The board discarded a whole staff who cared 100% about the young men and the organization...as well as the longevity of the Madison Scouts in the activity. (They knew how their decisions would affect the staff as well as a lot of the members). I am not saying the current staff is not a great group of people who are doing wonderful things-but please don't blame me for wondering what happened and why...most people do.

It's typical for some people to get their panties in a bunch when people who worked in the organization wonder why things are happening the way they are--I am concerned that you are not.

That being said, GO SCOUTS.

LOL........the rewriting of history.

The staff was not discarded. Only Sal and not for his creative talents. The entire staff was asked back. They WALKED. And took many members with them. Aren't you concerned about that?

If you support them.....cheer them on. You have a beef with the design and such I'm sure Jeff Spanos will listen to anything else you have to say.

MYNWA

Oh, yeah.....

GO SCOUTS!!

LOL........the rewriting of history.

The staff was not discarded. Only Sal and not for his creative talents. The entire staff was asked back. They WALKED. And took many members with them. Aren't you concerned about that?

This is all I will say on the topic because it's apparent we can talk until we are blue in the face.

You are quite correct: I personally walked because I felt the future of the corps was in total limbo (a situation I did not feel would be conducive to a great learning environment for the members-a situation and decision I did not personally want to be involved in or stand by).

I stood by Sal (and the rest of the staff) and what he did for the organization as a whole...I can only speak for myself when I say I walked because I did not agree with the board and their decisions. I felt it was a huge mistake, which has been proven (in my opinion), to this point-in-time. The staff did not "take" members with them; members chose not to come back because they did not agree with the decision, or chose not to march under the new administration or staff.

DCI Director Of The Year one year, fired the next...just didn't make sense to me...so I bowed out...a decision that took a lot of soul-searching, but made sense to me and my morals.

PS: I have certainly been mature enough to express my concerns with Jeff Spanos--most of us did when we left...no reply.

But, enough "pi$$ing and moaning" about the past...best of luck to the Scouts in the future-my sincere hope is they can turn it around. Moving on...

Edited by RiseUP79

sorry...

GO SCOUTS!!!

Did somebody throw out that there was going to be a new ending, because honestly its stuck in my head to the point where I really like it!

I can't wait to see how they do after the break...

and of course GO SCOUTS!

And speaking of the 2008 Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps...

GO SCOUTS!

(We are talking about the 2008 Scouts right? There are many times many threads for all that other stuff.)

Mike - Good Stuff Bro! :thumbup:

"CHAMELEONS;IGUANAS,or LOUNGE LIZARDS"... ?????

I don't know who did the "NEW UNI'S",( $$$$$);However,an "OLIVE DRAB" shade of Green REALLY gets LOST in The Grass !

(Maybe if Finals were to be held at "BOISIE STATE"...)

The recent "PIX" that have been posted,show VERY LITTLE COLOR being used by the "Visual Program"...

(Wasn't that what KILLED THEM Last Year ??? )

If they get "SLOTTED" this early in the Season,no matter what they change,or how much talent the Members may have; it STILL WON'T get them BACK into FINALS !!! :tongue:

Why do we get so many "drive-by" posters in this thread?? :thumbup: are they afraid that we might get TOO excited about the 2008 Madison Scouts? Weird....

Actually, the writing style exhibited in this post looks suspiciously similar to that of "D.M. Daniel" over on the Scouts forums (lots of unnecessary quotation marks, lots of switching between caps and lower case, run-on and broken up sentences, interrupting himself in the middle of a thought with a counterpoint...typically wrapped in parenthesis, etc.).

If that's the case...IF that's the case....

.....extremely poor taste. :muahaha:

I've been away for a few days (extremely busy), but I'm happy to be able to get back on here and cheer on the boys!!

GO SCOUTS!!!!

Edited by BigBadMadMan