The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replay is up!

Is anyone else having horrible skipping and random speed-ups during the replay?

1 Blue Devils 87.150

2 The Cavaliers 86.625

3 Phantom Regiment 84.350

4 Santa Clara Vanguard 82.750

5 Blue Knights 80.000

6 Madison Scouts 73.475

7 Troopers 73.250

8 Mandarins 69.125

Is anyone else having horrible skipping and random speed-ups during the replay?

Yep... thought it was my internet connection, but I guess it's just a bad file.

Maybe I am just a Scouts homer...but there is no way on this planet that the Troopers are that close to the Scouts...or, should I say...the Scouts are that close to the Troopers.

I just don't get it.

Maybe I am just a Scouts homer...but there is no way on this planet that the Troopers are that close to the Scouts...or, should I say...the Scouts are that close to the Troopers.

I just don't get it.

I thought Troops were pretty sloppy, and there's really not much going on there compared to the Madison show.

I'm not surprised guard wasn't that clean, since they just added two guys and apparently rewrote most of their drill these last few days as well learning the new drill sections along with everyone else. I'd expect that to clean up somewhat over the next week. They're still taking the jackets off and leaving them off, which surprises me. Still... maybe there's more changes to come in that arena...

I'd really love to hear the trumpet solos nail it for once, which hasn't happened at any of the shows I've heard so far this year.

I'm confused with the percussion scores... why so far apart? 15.7 and 14.4?

Seems the judges have flat-lined Madison on the rest of the scores... very little change since Kalamazoo.

I played the Blue Devils again. They didn't have a bad file. What does DCI have against the Scouts?

If enough people submit a support request, maybe they'll upload a new file. Click on Support in the Fan Network window and fill out the form.

I thought Troops were pretty sloppy, and there's really not much going on there compared to the Madison show.

I'm not surprised guard wasn't that clean, since they just added two guys and apparently rewrote most of their drill these last few days as well learning the new drill sections along with everyone else. I'd expect that to clean up somewhat over the next week. They're still taking the jackets off and leaving them off, which surprises me. Still... maybe there's more changes to come in that arena...

I'd really love to hear the trumpet solos nail it for once, which hasn't happened at any of the shows I've heard so far this year.

I'm confused with the percussion scores... why so far apart? 15.7 and 14.4?

Seems the judges have flat-lined Madison on the rest of the scores... very little change since Kalamazoo.

Yea Linda......Frustrating and Perplexing all in one.

We all know that the guy's have been working their tales off, and to not see more of an improvement after this past week is a let down! It's always a challenge to adequately "perform" wholesale changes until the men get a few opportunities to cut their teeth in "live" situations which in turn builds confidence. But, you really begin to wonder about other things. I.E., are the Scouts truly that dirty? Are the Scouts getting any respect? Is there enough time to pull it all together? Etc, etc, etc.

I've said this before but I believe it bears repeating. The only way the Scouts will get the attention of the judging community is they have to figure out how to become the unmistakable 20 ton elephant in the room. From top to bottom, the Scouts have no choice but to work twice as hard as everyone else. It's quite obvious that nobody in the judging community will be handing the Scouts a free pass to the top 12. No, if the Scouts want even a sniff, there going to have to earn it in resounding fashion!

Madison was plenty sloppy too. I know you may not think there is a lot going on in the Troopers show, but let me ask you this:

Troopers show is about a train through the west. I think you can pretty clearly see a show about trains and the west. Now Madison's show is about the Night of The Iguana. Where do you see that represented in their show?

Complexity takes on many forms...