time to get this thread back on Page 1.

Good luck this weekend Scouts...

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Edited by Brent

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and she said that Ramiro Barrera was there making changes in the show on the fly. Major changes in the music, in additioin to the ending. I heard some of the music while I was talking to her on the phone and it sounds great. I would love these guys to have a top 12 finish this year, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Sweet :tongue: I was in Baraboo, while Ramiro was changing stuff on the fly. The way he does it works. I can't wait to see the changes that have been made.

GO SCOUTS!!!!

My "sources" tell me that there was a bit of a mix-up with the local media in CO, resulting in several people arriving for a performance tonight by the Scouts. Never ones to disappoint a crowd, it looks like the Scouts are going to go ahead and perform for them anyhow. I wonder if they'll perform the new ending a day earlier than originally planned or perform with the old one?

Anyone have news from Colorado?? I can't wait to hear how how the show goes tomorrow. I would love to see our guys to pass Spirit - maybe Colts? in the scoring. Go Scouts!!!!

Cymbalmom

Anyone have news from Colorado?? I can't wait to hear how how the show goes tomorrow. I would love to see our guys to pass Spirit - maybe Colts? in the scoring. Go Scouts!!!!

Cymbalmom

My son says they've been working hard, and it sounds like we'll be seeing some cool changes to the show. It's harder for them in the higher altitude, but that also means that things will be easier when they drop down to lower altitudes.

Remember that the Denver show will be live on the Fan Network! If you're a Scouts Fan, be sure to join via the link on the Madison Scouts website if you haven't already.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Edited by Linda Slocum

Cymbalmom

The way things are shaping up, this is entirely possible. Checking out Bill's "DCI rankings after 7/11", Scouts are very close to being on the finals pace, with a mere 3 or so points keeping them out of 10th. We'll see what happens tomorrow night...can't wait!!

GO SCOUTS!!!! :w00t:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Hi all

i`m miles away across the pond in london , I want to wish the scouts all the best for today . I remember back in `88 when the scouts came to England what can I say they blew the stadium apart - and i had the pleasure of playing next to a scout during the mass performance . One of the best days of my life...

i`ll be watching on fan network fingers crossed for some good scores

all the best

gary

GO SCOUTS! You guys are getting better by the show, and I can't wait to see the San Antonio show webcast next Saturday. Such great depth across all corps this year!

There will be a webast of tonight's show in Denver as well.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

The new ending was added yesterday. It was a long and brutal rehearsal, 7am until 10pm. The corps had ensemble/coordination for 7 hours, on top of visual and musical rehearsal. The new drill is fast (200 bpm), and has a lot of motion. The new music is very cool, one of my favorite Scouts endings ever (that's saying a lot). The corps was definitely tired by 9:30 when they did a run through, the hornline struggled with pushing to the end, but during segments of the new ending there were moments of pure drum corps ecstasy.

I'll spare you the details, but I will tell you that at the end of the run through last night, I had tears in my eyes (that hasn't happened to me for a while for a drum corps show). When this corps has this show under their belt, the Scouts are going to surprise a lot of people.

The new ending is BAD!!!!!!!!! Not "Michael Jackson-right-now-BAD", it's more "Michael Jackson-in-the-80's-BAD"