The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like there is a hole in the front horn line? Anybody know what that is about?

It's been there all summer.

It looks like there is a hole in the front horn line? Anybody know what that is about?

They have a guy to fill it. He should be in this week. We had 2 holes while in Murray, Ky. and we got a couple of guys here to fill them.

Bill

GO SCOUTS !!!

Linda: The guard is looking great. The opener is much improved - I only saw one guy late on one flag twirl (if that's the right terminology..) on the audience's left side of the field near the end of the opener. Guard work during the battery feature was really clean! Congrats guys!!

Yeah, I saw that... on the first spin of the opener, the front right corner (audience side) was late as well. Overall, the show is looking much better from a guard standpoint. Seems the guard toss gets lost in the high view videos now that they're doing a high rifle toss solo at the same time, and right behind him. Sorry to see that they're still taking the jackets off and leaving them off...

Yeah, I saw that... on the first spin of the opener, the front right corner (audience side) was late as well. Overall, the show is looking much better from a guard standpoint. Seems the guard toss gets lost in the high view videos now that they're doing a high rifle toss solo at the same time, and right behind him. Sorry to see that they're still taking the jackets off and leaving them off...

I know some people have been concerned most of the season about the jackets coming off. Personally, the only thing that could help this situation is maybe a little change in color versus the white. However, as many others have stated, it is a one-piece uniform, so changing anything would be difficult. What I would like to point out is that I saw the show twice over the past week. Not once did I feel like the jackets coming off took away from the performance. It used to be said that some of the members needed to leave them on due to appearance. If this is still a concern for some viewers, I would suggest focusing on everything else going on during that part of the show. It really has come together nicely and I think the guard work is much more impressive than just how it all looks with the jackets off. It is great that people are paying attention to the Madison Color Guard. It has long been a cornerstone of the activity and I feel those who are concerned are only going to help see that this unit endures.

I haven't seen it that noticable before.... My son is a baritone- so I spend my time trying to find him on the field!

Thanks!

That's hilarious! I get mad at my parents during shows because of the same thing. They spend so much time trying to find my brother that they miss some cool things going on. It is nice, though, knowing that parents care enough to want to see their kid doing something pretty spectacular.

Edited by BroughAJ

That's hilarious! I get mad at my parents during shows because of the same thing. They spend so much time trying to find my brother that they miss some cool things going on. It is nice, though, knowing that parents care enough to want to see their kid doing something pretty spectacular.

That's what I use the FAN NETWORK for! REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT....WATCH AGAIN, WATCH AGAIN, WATCH AGAIN!!!!

I know some people have been concerned most of the season about the jackets coming off. Personally, the only thing that could help this situation is maybe a little change in color versus the white. However, as many others have stated, it is a one-piece uniform, so changing anything would be difficult. What I would like to point out is that I saw the show twice over the past week. Not once did I feel like the jackets coming off took away from the performance. It used to be said that some of the members needed to leave them on due to appearance. If this is still a concern for some viewers, I would suggest focusing on everything else going on during that part of the show. It really has come together nicely and I think the guard work is much more impressive than just how it all looks with the jackets off. It is great that people are paying attention to the Madison Color Guard. It has long been a cornerstone of the activity and I feel those who are concerned are only going to help see that this unit endures.

Yes, the guard is progressing nicely and the uni's are just part of the picture.

However... Even some of the guys who are rather buff don't look so good in just the white shirt. The look with the jacket open and the sleeves pushed up is a lot better, and not just because some of the guys aren't buff enough to carry off a muscle-t. They lose presence with just the white t, so it would be nice if they put the jackets back on prior to the closer. They have a ballsy closer now, and the guard is in the wussy t's... doesn't make sense.

Changing and adding color wouldn't be so difficult if it had been planned earlier. In prior years, there was a jacket change that allowed for the black early on and a different color later in the show. Oh well... hopefully the designers learned something from this uniform style... sometimes things look much better in pen and ink than they do on live bodies of different shapes and sizes. Chalk this uni up to the "lessons learned" category. Jackets on looks great, jackets off has to be one of the worst looks in Madison's history.

Anyone know where I can find a video of Scouts 2007 semifinals perfromance on either youtube or google vid? I think there was a link from either here or another thread but it was titled different.