The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Yes, the guard is progressing nicely and the uni's are just part of the picture.

However... Even some of the guys who are rather buff don't look so good in just the white shirt. The look with the jacket open and the sleeves pushed up is a lot better, and not just because some of the guys aren't buff enough to carry off a muscle-t. They lose presence with just the white t, so it would be nice if they put the jackets back on prior to the closer. They have a ballsy closer now, and the guard is in the wussy t's... doesn't make sense.

Changing and adding color wouldn't be so difficult if it had been planned earlier. In prior years, there was a jacket change that allowed for the black early on and a different color later in the show. Oh well... hopefully the designers learned something from this uniform style... sometimes things look much better in pen and ink than they do on live bodies of different shapes and sizes. Chalk this uni up to the "lessons learned" category. Jackets on looks great, jackets off has to be one of the worst looks in Madison's history.

Linda-we finally agree on something. When you sit down to "design" the uniform, you have a good idea of who is going to be in the colorguard (and what their bodies are shaped like)...I'm really not sure who would think that a white muscle shirt would be a good look for this colorguard (even in "pen and ink"). It would have been real easy to change these tops. As I have said before, you can cut them off the pants and change them out, or dip them in fabric dye. Not hard at all...it's been done many times before. But...I don't think they will change the week of finals unfortunately.

Hopefully "things" are designed and planned a little better next season (starting in the winter) as to not have to "climb the mountain" the entire season. It would be nice to see the Scouts in the position of the '05 corps...battling with that top six.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hopefully "things" are designed and planned a little better next season (starting in the winter) as to not have to "climb the mountain" the entire season. It would be nice to see the Scouts in the position of the '05 corps...battling with that top six." -RiseUP79

I would say that the joy of drum corps is to be found within the mountain climb. I do also think that the less of a mountain there is to climb, the more the guys can enjoy the view from the top. We'll be there.... hard work and determination.

Try Facebook... there's a Madison Scouts group.

Oh, that's where I saw it. Thanks for the info.

NOTICE TO ALL MADISON SCOUT HOMERS !

Our young men have put in countless hours sence Nov. I for one think they have done a FANtastic job ! :thumbup:

This being their final week lets not slow down our support for this years addition of the Madison Scouts ! Write them , call them , go by and see them and tell as many of them as you can just how Proud we are of them ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Please join in and help these guy's push hard this week so they can be all they can be !

REMEMBER, " YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE "

Bill Leslie - on a proud Madison Scout Mom's computer.

GO SCOUTS !!!

Edited by brassy mom

Does anyone know where our Men will be housed during Finals Week?

We'd love to show our support!

Cymbalmom

Lincoln HS

1545 S Hart Street Rd.

Vincennes, IN 47591

This is about 2 - 2 1/2 hours out of either Bloomington or Indy. I'm changing my hotel reservations so I'll be in Vincennes until the 7th, and then in Bloomington. No sense in a 5-hour round trip each day.

I don't know if it has been posted yet...

Does anyone know where they will be rehearsing prior to the Toledo show tomorrow?

Thanks!

I don't know if it has been posted yet...

Does anyone know where they will be rehearsing prior to the Toledo show tomorrow?

Thanks!

This is what I have for the Toledo housing location:

Roosevelt HS

540 Eureka Rd.

Wyandotte, MI 48192

Well, the gap between Madison and the Crossmen is certainly narrow tonight... I know, different shows and all, but it's definitely going to be a tight race between these two! Madison scored 84.95 at Buffalo, Crossmen scored 85.05 at Westminster... a mere gap of 0.1 in their scores.

MindTheGap.gif

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

This is what I have for the Toledo housing location:

Roosevelt HS

540 Eureka Rd.

Wyandotte, MI 48192

Thank you! Not too far from where we are in Canton, MI. We are looking forward to another great show tomorrow.