The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Thank you! Not too far from where we are in Canton, MI. We are looking forward to another great show tomorrow.

And you'll be providing us with live updates, right??? :thumbup:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you'll be providing us with live updates, right??? :thumbup:

Well I can bring my iPod Touch to the show and see if I get a connection. If so, I will give it a try.

Any other ideas?

Madison Scouts 2008 Individual & Ensemble Entries

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Name - Caption - Time

Stephen Incata - Trumpet - 3:00

Irving Ray - Euphonium - 3:06

Alex Houston - French Horn - 3:18

Austin Tran - Trombone - 3:24

Alex Brough - Trombone - 3:36

Joe Bauer - Snare - 3:30

Joe Asleson - Snare - 3:42

Amir Oosman - Multi-Tenor - 3:48

Tony Lapsansky - Multi-Percussion - 4:00

Mark Istratie - Flag - 3:00

Steven Girard - Flag - 3:12

Conor Kovatch - Auxiliary - 3:24

Jonathan Glatfelter - Dance - 3:30

Daryl Thompson - Flute - 3:18

Brass Ensemble - Brass Ensemble - 3:48

Cymbal Ensemble - Cymbal Ensemble - 3:00

Come support the Scouts at I&E this Wednesday!

Go Scouts

Scouts Fans:

The Madison Scouts invite you to a tailgate party directly preceding the DCI World Championship Semifinals on Friday, August 8th from 3p - 5p. As the Scouts battle for a spot in finals, you can join your fellow fans, parents and alumni as we get ready to cheer the corps in their effort.

We expect to be located in the parking lot north of Memorial Stadium and we’ll be trying to have a location that runs right along the grass and fence on the west side of the football practice fields directly north of the stadium. Look for a green flag flying with the large white fleur! Look for a grey Yukon and a blue pop-up tent. If you need directions to our lot location, please contact tailgate coordinator Chris Komnick at (859) 803-3463.

During the tailgate you will have an opportunity to meet with Executive Director Jeff Spanos, Board President Jeff Manion and many other people directly involved with the corps this year. As well, the 2008 raffle drawing will be held and you’ll have an opportunity to catch up with old acquaintances and make new friends. Also, expect a few surprises, memorabilia, and special giveaways! And yes, we'll probably hit you up for a donation as well!

Come JOIN THE CORPS at our Semifinals Tailgate on August 8th from 3p - 5p!

Well, the gap between Madison and the Crossmen is certainly narrow tonight... I know, different shows and all, but it's definitely going to be a tight race between these two! Madison scored 84.95 at Buffalo, Crossmen scored 85.05 at Westminster... a mere gap of 0.1 in their scores.

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear

GO SCOUTS!

Edited by wishbonecav

Well, the gap between Madison and the Crossmen is certainly narrow tonight... I know, different shows and all, but it's definitely going to be a tight race between these two! Madison scored 84.95 at Buffalo, Crossmen scored 85.05 at Westminster... a mere gap of 0.1 in their scores.

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear

GO SCOUTS!

This is true, however I was at the Buffalo show last night and there is nooooo way that they scored that low. I felt all of the scores last night were on the low side. Madison absolutely were ON last night. They definitely had that Madison swagger and presence. Well done!!! Keep it up!

This is about 2 - 2 1/2 hours out of either Bloomington or Indy. I'm changing my hotel reservations so I'll be in Vincennes until the 7th, and then in Bloomington. No sense in a 5-hour round trip each day.

Oh, come on, Linda. We are making the 2.5 hour trip each day!! My wife wants to watch the practices and then we'll convoy to the stadium.

Oh, come on, Linda. We are making the 2.5 hour trip each day!! My wife wants to watch the practices and then we'll convoy to the stadium.

Sorry, Dan... back issues would make that much driving more than just a time-waster. If I'm staying at a hotel anyways, I may as well stay where it's convenient! Cost is the same either way... $50/night.

This is true, however I was at the Buffalo show last night and there is nooooo way that they scored that low. I felt all of the scores last night were on the low side. Madison absolutely were ON last night. They definitely had that Madison swagger and presence. Well done!!! Keep it up!

If you look at the recaps, Kozma scored them .5-.6 lower on Visual Ensemble Comp than anyone else has in the last 5 shows. This is the same score he gave in this category at Wichita Falls. For the most part, the judges at Buffalo have only judged smaller shows (if any) so far, which would explain some of the variations in scoring. If Kozma's score was equalized with recent history, Madison would be ahead of Xmen at the moment.

Glassmen was the only other corps at both of Kozma's shows, and their scores of 8.5-8.6 by Kozma were consistent with their Allentown score of 8.6.

Could the effectiveness of Madison's show have changed that much for the worse since Wichita Falls? I don't think so... It's just one guy's opinion on a given night, so we'll have to wait for some sense of reality (hopefully) once quarterfinals start.

Sorry, Dan... back issues would make that much driving more than just a time-waster. If I'm staying at a hotel anyways, I may as well stay where it's convenient! Cost is the same either way... $50/night.

You're right about wasting money. Of course, my wife will be sleeping while I will be driving!! But, we hadn't tried to find a motel in Bloomington yet, so the motel in Vincennes was easy to get into. I imagine that Bloomington is pretty booked.